THE RIFLE CONFEDERATES USED TO SNIPE UNION OFFICERS

7 Likes

Great Post!!!
I love History!!

6 Likes

Agreed :grin:

5 Likes

Yet who won the war?

Do I need to start a thread on how Sherman raped and pillaged Atlanta like he was a viking in the 9th century?

2 Likes

Too easy

2 Likes

Yes it was, he stretched dixies backside out like a hula hoop.

1 Like

Is you tryin to start a fight?

2 Likes

The fight ended over a 100 years ago

1 Like

That war was so unnecessary. The South successfully seceded but Lincoln wouldn’t vacate Ft Sumpter and leave the new Confederacy. They told him to be gone by a certain date and Lincoln IMO was a bit slow. He decided to stay. The south bombarded it and thus started the war. Folks think the south started it but it was really the north that did. When the south calls it the war of northern aggression I have to agree with them.

Slavery? It wasn’t really about that. The south seceded over it, but the north only used slavery as an excuse to justify their actions after the war began and not before. What a shame. But the victors write the history.

Rampant federalism came out of it and all the crap we put up with today from the Feds. At least that’s the way I see it. If Lincoln had just gotten outta Ft Sumpter maybe we’d still have strong states rights.

6 Likes

Preach, brother!

6 Likes

It’s just the truth. The north skewed it (aka as lied) to make themselves look wonderful. “Nothing to see here!”

FWIW, I have never even lived anywhere close to the Mason Dixon line and always far north of it. But I can read.

6 Likes

To the winner goes the spoils, that means writing the history

4 Likes

Shot one once, had a chance to buy it and turned it down.
Everyone is entitles to one mistake in their life.

4 Likes