The Science behind Cerakote

on it

8 Likes

I like Distressed Cerakote. That combo really pops.

7 Likes

It is definitely some eye candy.

6 Likes

Pics of Cerakote on revolvers ? Does it work on stainless? Will Glacier hold up to a magnum revolver heat near the cylinder gap?

7 Likes

Your fixing to find out lol.

7 Likes

I’m distressed :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Yes, Cerakote works on stainless steel or any other metals. It goes on just about anything. If sprayed correctly, it is only .001 to .0015 thick. Glacier is able to be sorayed thinner. .001 to .00075
I spray revolvers, no problem. You need to have a certified Cerakote applicator know what they are doing though…
As for the heat, most H series will withstand 600 plus degrees. No one in their right mind will shoot any pistol to that temperature…
So glacier is not really necessary.

8 Likes

I would love to see updates etc…

7 Likes

I dare say the temp of the hot gases escaping at the cone/cylinder gap area are brutally hot and well above 600 degrees

6 Likes

Me personally I am wondering could multiple coats be applied . Yes that is my question can it ?

7 Likes

Yes they are, no different than the glasses escaping out the end of any barrel. Or inside a combustion chamber of an engine

7 Likes

There is no need to try to coat it more than once. When applying Cerakote you put down 2 wet layers one after the other and it is done.

6 Likes

The abuse a revolver will give Cerakote is no different than any other abuse. Ultimately you are trying to protect the metal of the gun. End of story. Cerakote is the toughest coating so far developed for civilian use. I would not iver think it. We use it on hot rod and race car headers and combistion chambers. Your revolver will be just fine. It lasts a very long time inside of rifles and semi auto pistols.

8 Likes

:sunglasses: cool I now know it will hold up rather well.

7 Likes

New respect for the Springfield Armory Canik METE SFx after taking one apart and Cerakoting it

7 Likes

Reminds me of an alien/predator scheme :+1:

7 Likes

8 Likes

That is a really clean look! Doing the scope?

8 Likes

No, client didnt want to do the scope.

7 Likes

I usually keep a scope till its smoked . I would have would have looked cool :sunglasses:

7 Likes