The Science behind Cerakote

“COMRADE” & “FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE”
Gloss Black and Smith and Wesson red Cerakote.
This PPS is chambered in the 7.62x25 mm and has a 35 round magazine. It originally fired full auto from an open bolt.
The baseball bat is for more stealthy operations.
I fricken LOVE my job

7 Likes

Matrix themed Smith and Wesson M&P
5 colors of Cerakote on this one.

9 Likes

You can really do some fun stuff with Cerakote…

So the distressed one turned into a zombie apocalypse themed weapon for a client back east. But I wanted it to look like a well worn issued rifle first.
The snow one is because we have fricken a foot of snow and it is around zero degrees… so… :fu: Montana… :grin:

Part of the great stuff about Cerakote is how well it protects. You can add all the crazy on top after you have the base down.

Plus, anything goes… hahahhaa

8 Likes

You do HAVE to be careful with optics. For instance, i would not cook this Holosun… I did however take the cover off and Cerakote it…

After all, it is the cover that takes most of the abuse anyway.

6 Likes

The excellent wear characteristics of Cerakote lend it to being used on many if not all internal parts. The Bolt carrier, cam, and extractor were done for this project. The actual bolt was not.

6 Likes

IIf you are going to be funny and be doing a zombie apocalypse themed weapon… better cut loose. While not the exact quote of course… more politically correct. Hahhahaha

8 Likes

While not full on snow camo… I thought there was no better project than this @radicalfirearms AR to have on display at the shop for winter camo. We have sold quite a few of them… despite the price, these rifles are loaded with the small features that you normally find on higher end rifles. Granted, this one does have some goodies added to it. But only the optic (Burris 1-6x24mm mounted with an American Defense QD mount) the BCM charge handle, and the Knights Armament ambi mag release.
The Cerakote was kept to a minimum… upper and lower, hand guard and the buffer with the castle nut and lock plate.
(Mag too but hey)

Now, I do not know about Radical arms 5 years ago… but I do know now… they are an excellent choice for an entry level rifle. They use quality parts and the machining is spot on, on the ones I have handled. Sometimes it is the little things… all the controls are machined. Even the mag catch! This you do not see often any more because it costs money.
The buffer tube has an extra 3 drain holes machined into it. It also has an interested second locking system to help prevent it from backing out even if the castle nut loosens. To Cerakote, the weapon is 100% stripped… so it is not guess work… I KNOW this is a well made weapon.
As soon as it warms up… it was -7° F last night and it is still snowing…
I will get some range time with this one.
I have sold quite a few of these by the way. This one is numbered 38… that’s why it is a shop rifle. But with numbers in the 285000 range, they have been producing more than just a few of this model.

8 Likes

More on the Dirty Snow…

8 Likes

6 Likes

Good times with this zombie apocalypse themed project

6 Likes

Crazy Wild Purple Cerakote

7 Likes

Protect those suppressors! Hahahhaa

7 Likes

I am calling this one Diablo… bwwwahahahahaa

8 Likes

Fixing crappy Cerakote… hahhahahaha

7 Likes

Finished and assembled. The little parts are in Graphite Black Cerakote

10 Likes

Very nice :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Sig Sauer MPX SBR suppressed Thompson machine suppressor with Maxim Defense stock, Holo sight and Springer Precision mag extension. Radian charge handle.
SAN’ MAN
2 color Cerakote…

8 Likes

DIABLO
THE LAND PIRATE

9 Likes

Great work!

6 Likes