The uninformed snowflake response

So here’s a story of a guy successfuly defending himself during an armed robbery. (With video footage.)
What kills me is the uninformed response. ‘Can’t feel safe paying your phone bill’?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-store-employee-shoots-kills-armed-robbery-suspect

11 Likes

Oh geeeeeezzzz… How ridiculous

6 Likes

So ummm……They would feel “safer” if the guy at the store had been robbed and murdered??? REALLY!!! I think those tow had about five brain cells between them and of those five four were not talking to each other and the fifth didn’t care.
So I guess what I am hearing is they felt safer knowing that the neighborhood thugs had guns then they did knowing the guy at the store could fight back against an armed robber.

4 Likes

Take a moment to realize WHAT CITY this is. It’ll all answer itself once you see where it was.

8 Likes

What? The city of brotherly love?

:thinking: Maybe that doesn’t mean what it used to. :wink:

3 Likes

Just once I would like to hear a bystander say something like “bastard got what he had coming for trying to rob someone “

6 Likes

Fixed that for you mate. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes
8 Likes

I bet a lot of people did say something like that, but the media only wants people to be afraid of guns, right?

7 Likes

An armed robber got pretty much got what was coming to him after he held up a convenience store in North Carolina.

I love this line…classic.

Correct! They’ll also paint said people as unstable, racist and etc.

5 Likes

Interesting. Maybe I missed something, because I only read the article and didn’t watch the video, but… I didn’t perceive her comment to be specifically anti-gun. I mean, she could have been quoted saying the exact same thing whether the perp used a knife, stick, or even a potato. This lady’s comment is really just anti-crime. No? :thinking:

The response to her comment here leads me to believe we’re becoming hypersensitive to any news involving the use of a gun. And rightly so… I’m not arguing we shouldn’t be, especially given all the negativity directed at law abiding gun owners of late. But I just want to remain cognizant of the fact the anti-gunners are successfully baiting us in and dragging us down to their level when we are “triggered” by anti-gun rhetoric where none exists.

5 Likes

Thank you! Glad he lived though. Maybe he will learn from it.

6 Likes

I am betting no👽

4 Likes

I don’t see her comment as anti-crime at all. And not necessarily anti-gun specifically.
The part of the comment that I was referring to is that she thinks the guy was “paying his phone bill.” It’s the automatic assumption that if a someone is shot (or stabbed or beat with something) he was just trying to do something normal when it happened. The refusal to consider that the “victim” was committing a crime, in this case an armed robbery.
We hear this kind of stuff, ( he was such a good boy, or he was unarmed) all the time.
If It would have been a cop that shot this guy there may well have been a riot.
I’m waiting to see what happens to the store employee. Will he face civil charges cuz, ‘well he never actually shot at you or ‘it was only a toy gun’?

3 Likes

Ah, okay… I follow you now. Context is everything. See, I took her comment as being from her own personal viewpoint and the fact there was a robbery attempt at the phone store that put people in the community in harms way. In other words, she’s concerned about paying her own phone bill because this type crime is happening in her community. But if her comment is truly from the viewpoint of the perp as you suggest, well then… she’s just a straight up idiot. :facepalm:

2 Likes

This was bugging me so I reread the article and then watched the video. I’m convinced she’s just commenting on the act of robbery (the crime) and nothing more. She (and her husband) -at least to me- seemed to be concerned about armed robbery happening in their community so close to their home. Neither mentions the perp or gun use by either him or the store clerk at all.

I do see and respect the alternative point of view you offered on this @mquinn55, but am just not reading that much into it.

6 Likes