The "went to the range" topic

Let’s have a topic about your most recent range trip / experience.

So let’s hear it! Pictures welcomed!

17 Likes

I just step out the back door and shoot what ever I like. We have a p17 Enfield a model 14 remington that was my grandfather’s and are pistols and revolver s by S&W bolt guns by Remington Winchester and Mossberg.

8 Likes

Just rub it in why dont you. I have to drive 30 miles just to shoot.

6 Likes

Cost me a lot to do it .Had to find the land and build it from the ground up.

8 Likes

Was it worth it?..

3 Likes

Yes it is I spent the day without seeing anyone but my wife.

9 Likes

What were you shooting?

4 Likes

Now that’s funny!See you can be funny and nice at the same time.

3 Likes

I meant gun wise but thank you for clearing that up.

4 Likes

It really was worth the investment I gave $750 an acre and it is now selling for $2500 an acre in this area. So with the house and shop that we built I am looking at around $500000 in value. Not bad for a 13 year investment.

7 Likes

Where are you located? A few years ago we bought 40 acres in a remote area in AZ for $28k but we still have much to do before we can move there. It is typ SW desert but we like that. Also looking for some wooded areas in Idaho or Montana. Then become migratory.
Shooting off or near my porch would be awesome.

5 Likes

While not off our porch our land we will buy in ID, MT or UT will have a range built on it with varying lengths up to hopefully ~300yds. I’ve already got the design in my head. Plus it’ll be awesome for my wife and i’s gun channel. :wink:

I want to us to be able to shoot on it anytime we want. Maybe we will get lucky and find land that borders BLM land…

4 Likes

Cannot tell if that’s sarcasm? No, Bureau of Land Management. aka public land.

6 Likes

It was, I was going to suggest Portland Oregon for that.

4 Likes

Not a fan of AKs then? Jk , Like the quote too “The Hunting Rifle” by Col. Townsend Whelen was a good read.

4 Likes

Missouri Ozarks . We are about thirty miles from any big towns and eight miles to a gas station.

6 Likes

Huh, I never thought of using paper plates. But thinking about it, why couldn’t they work? They’re dirt cheap, you can draw rings on them, the only thing to think about is the other shooters perception of you when your shooting. And, here in NY, anyone who has a problem with me can go fornicate themselves with iron sticks.

As for my latest, and second experience in my entire life, it was pretty good. Still learning to shoot my .22, but I do believe I have my scope centered for me at 7 yards. Now to get it centered at 15. I don’t like the feeling, of others concussive force of a .45 in an indoor range. But that’s the only real downside to the whole experience. The folks are nice, shooting is fun, so far I’m very glad I spent the money I did on a rifle.

9 Likes

I use paper plates with an index card glued in the middle.

5 Likes

Now these are a good idea. I see they go from 3/4" up to 3". Think I’ll pick up some of these.
Thanks

4 Likes

Another option is the binder ring repair circles they sell at walmart. Stuck to a piece of scrap paper. Also the many local pizza shop pizza boxes have 1/4 to 1" pepperoni printed on em. A family size pizza can be repurposed into like 50 target spots easily! :wink:

8 Likes