The "went to the range" topic

Took my new to me Beretta 92FS to the range and practiced the double action trigger pull center mass, then single action on head shots just to see what this used gun was capable of.

Not bad groups once I remembered what the heck I was doing. I still need more practice getting that first shot off in double action, but single action was as smooth as silk and I ended up putting them pretty close together.

Practice makes perfect and I sure need more of it! :rofl:

11 Likes

Good shooting, all would have stopped the threat!

7 Likes

Man, The M9/92 is growing on me!!! I wanna go take one out to the range myself. Nice shooting mate.

5 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t think I would want one again after having carried it for so long and always complaining about better options… but I have rediscovered my love for the platform.

Everyone is going to want the new Sig the military chose, so I’m expecting to see more available at good used prices in the future.

I still want to get a surplus Star because of you @Mister_Torgue.

4 Likes

Do it before they run out! J&G and classicfirams still have em. I may buy another one if I can sell some more games.

5 Likes

I prefer coyotes to groundhogs. Antifas would be cool too but prison dosnt look to appealing.

1 Like

Good outlook! Besides, i hear food is nothing to rave about in fed lock up…

1 Like

Went to the range today, man that was fun. Took my friend and brother in law today. My brother in law is in the military, but my friend never held a gun before. He did pretty well overall, still getting the hang of how to hold a rifle, to properly aim down the sights. I wasn’t able to go all January, cause of finances. So I was itching to get out again.

Today was a good day for me.

10 Likes

Awesome! Did you take any pictures?

1 Like

2 or 3, yea. Though not many, as we were all shooting at the same targets. So they’d be mostly useless.

3 Likes

Got it. Important thing is you got out there, fired some rounds, & HAD FUN!

5 Likes

Glock break in period… accuracy issues?

So, who here (and I would assume most of you) knows more about Glocks than I do? I’ve been getting back into the dark side recently and I’m still in my break in period with my Glock 19X.

I did what every Glock user should not have to do: polish all the bearing surfaces on the trigger parts to a mirror finish, polish the rails, slide internals, etc. You would think that for what you pay you would get the details. Anyway, I digress.

Has anyone had their Glock shoot consistently off target? I’m low and left. Not terribly bad, but enough that it bothers me. Doesn’t their slogan say something about perfection?

I would not imagine that this will resolve itself after the break in period. Do I need to ditch the steel night sights that it came with? Is it me? Do I need to take it to my local witch-doctor and have a ceremony performed? Any and all knowledge would be much appreciated.

6 Likes

The left you can move the rear sight. As far as low what weight bullet are you shooting. If you are using 115’s try 124’s. If your using 124’s try 147’s. The heavier bullets tend to shoot a bit higher than the lighter ones.

6 Likes

@shooterrex The grain weight had slipped my mind. I’ll give that a go for sure. My next purchase will probably be a sight pusher… because tools. Really good advise Sir. That’s why I love this forum!

5 Likes

I shot a couple chainsaws.lol

SANY3107|666x500

6 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

Think this was at 75 yards.

7 Likes

6 Likes