The "went to the range" topic

Awesome! Make sure to take some pics! Have fun

9 Likes

@EQuinn, now that’s my kind of comforter👍

7 Likes

So…have some great news, got to shoot some items on my bucket list today (Barret 50 cal) and also my first big big big giveaway. I’m giving a suppressor away in December from Dead Air, had a great chat with one of the Reps there and it looks pretty promising…stay tunned for December’s Giveaway merry Christmas !!!

11 Likes

@Chuparosa

Hope you feel much better soon.

5 Likes

A week later and I’m still under the weather. It’s getting old. Haha

6 Likes

For those who shouldn’t drink I wouldn’t recommend it but most viruses don’t like two shots of whiskey with a shot of lemon juice nuked just long enough to make it warm enough to mix two tablespoons of honey and shoot it down and sweat it out under a blanket. I’m not a doctor or getting in anyone’s business I just dont like when people feel bad. If I could have a super power it would be healing people but that could unbalance the world too.

11 Likes

Finally got my blue bucket filled back up :grin: Winter Sucks, Hello Spring Time :+1:

12 Likes

Mister%20Torgue%20Approves%20(Orange)

6 Likes

Shot a 20 gauge pistol grip shotgun today. Just one question: What sadistic motherless asshole invented that?! Damn that hurt!

11 Likes

:joy::rofl::smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve done that once or twice. I’ll learn my lesson one day.:rofl:

5 Likes

@EQuinn

I guess that means you are not going to buy a Shockwave or Tac-14 in 12 gauge?

Don’t blame you there! I don’t know how some people manage those, so I went with the 20 gauge Tac-14. Wish me luck!

6 Likes

No thanks. Hard pass.

6 Likes

Shot my first suppressed firearms one of which a Daniel defense 300 blackout this past Saturday

10 Likes

@Chuparosa

Sorry to hear you are still suffering. Hope you get well soon!

8 Likes

We had a 4 hour defensive pistol class. TriangleShootingAcademy.com instructors are awesome! They did a time thing at the beginning of the range time and the end. My time actually went down but I got more accurate. Not sure why my time slowed.

9 Likes

So I was able to get some range time in with the wife and a buddy of mine. We practiced shooting and moving into different positions as well as transitioning from strong to weak side and primary to secondary. Halfway through one of our iteration a neighbors son-in-law came up and wanted to get in on it since he could hear us ringing steel. Turns out he is a former 11B out of the 101st so we got along great. Rifle target was set at 125 yards and pistol targets was 10 yards.

Overall the afternoon went well. My rig ran well after having a bad mag (old GI 20 rounder I’ve had for years) at the first get-go. The 11B was shooting a 300BLK build and it failed halfway through. After inspecting it I found his gas block had started rotating and had restricted the gas port, LOL. Another reason I am a fan of pinned gas blocks, especially if you build your own like he did. Nothing a realignment and application of high temp loctite won’t fix (I suspect he did not use thread locker when he built it.

Only issue I found was that my bolt wasn’t fully locking back on a empty mag (hanging up on the follower). I suspect it was because I used reloads that I wasn’t running at full power. Ejection pattern was right at the 3 o’clock and these particular loads run fine in my wife’s AR (Del-ton that is overgassed and eats cheap Tula steel like a champ, LOL) as well as my MK12 (I use them for practice only in the MK12). When I initially zeroed the new build I did use full power 77 IMI loads and it locked back so it has to be the slightly reduced charge I use. For those wondering what I ran, it’s my AR “pistol” with 11.3 Ballistic Advantage barrel with pinned and screwed lo-pro gas block, BCM full auto rated BCG and Geissele H1 buffer with Super 42 braided buffer spring

BTW, yes that is me getting ready to slap my 1911 fully into battery during one of the runs. It hiccup’d twice on me. Ammo is Speer lawman so it’s not bad ammo. That pistol runs Speer Gold Dot no issue so not sure yet what the issue was.

Regardless, the afternoon was a good one.

IMG_3530|375x500

15 Likes

Awesome! Looks like it was a great day out!

4 Likes

Nice Range!

6 Likes

Nice having my own land and having the land next to me belonging to my father-in-law.

7 Likes