The "went to the range" topic

@Belt-Fed please create your intro post and tell us how the hell to belt feed that (which I love)

6 Likes

LOL, ok I will. if I can figure out how to,

yeah that one is really hard to belt feed. I love black powder shooting. I do a lot of it. think I went thru 7 pounds of black powder last summer. well, that may not be a lot but it is to me.

4 Likes

Those rifles (or not) are just as sexy as any belt fed MG

&

I think you’ll manage :grin::grin::grin:

https://forum.full30.com/c/introductions

3 Likes

These kel tecs are ugly, but they work. this one is 40 cal this one is at 25 yards

6 Likes

My shooting range is on a fire lane in the woods with a washing machine lid hung on a limb.lol

6 Likes

Think all three of these were from 75 yards.

6 Likes

well I got a couple targets wrong on that last pic.

2 Likes

Didn’t do so good with the flinter at 50 yards this day. but it’s ok. a bad day at the range beats work anyday.

5 Likes

36 caliber at 15 yards using a muzzle rest.

5 Likes

100 yards 50 cal

5 Likes

FN at 15 yards

6 Likes

25 yards( I think) 50 cal

6 Likes

5 Likes

Nice group.
I have a friend who built two black powder guns. A “Kentucky long Gun” and a pistol. Both I believe .50 Caliber.

I count about 10 shots on that target which tells me you’re a patient man.
I personally don’t have the patience to reload black powder and the frequent cleaning is tedious at best.

My aforementioned friend got a little lax with cleaning and his pistol suffered a small but fatal explosion. (Fatal for the gun that is. He got away with minor cuts on his hand.)
He no longer shoots BP.

8 Likes

Kinda sounds like he didn’t push the Ball against the powder charge. There are powder substitutes that don’t burn as dirty. but I always use BP. but I clean mine up when I am finished usually and swab the bore every second shot.

4 Likes

Where’d you get the brass catcher?

3 Likes

YOU’RE married to one! Mark will catch the hot brass for you!:wink:

7 Likes

Nice shooting! @Belt-Fed

4 Likes

Got the brass catcher at LGS and got this one at Midway, think they have the one that mounts on gun too.

6 Likes

Keeps my reflexes quick.
But actually women make better brass catchers. You know cuz… cleavage.

8 Likes