The "went to the range" topic

This is a situation where we will happily forego the “Pic or it didn’t happen” requirement.

6 Likes

I just got home from Front Sight where I took a four day tactical shotgun class… If you want to learn how to run your shotgun I would recommend this class.

10 Likes

What choke on the barrel, if any?

5 Likes

I’d say the new triple shotty is a win!

7 Likes

No choke. Cylinder bore.

8 Likes

I just cannot get a break. STILL haven’t been to the range yet. This Sunday looked promising … until rain chances moved in.

Did I mention I hate Texas?

8 Likes

Go anyway you won’t melt .

7 Likes

Last week I went to W.Virginia for 2 days of pistol training. It constantly rained, from a drizzle to a downpour, both days. Got wet, muddy, cold and tired but, I had a blast, anyway. Its not a bad idea to train and practice in less than favorable conditions.
On the plus side, if you go shootin’ in the rain, you might have the whole range to yourself. :grinning:

10 Likes

I haven’t gone while pouring raining yet, but y’all make a good point. Might have the range all to myself. I’ve gone when it’s blistering hot and over 100 degrees in the Texas summer time heat, and it’s usually not as crowded then, either.

10 Likes

The"zombies" won’t care about the weather when they attack.

11 Likes

I had the opportunity to take my future son in law to the range today. He had never fired a gun before and really enjoyed it. Another friend let
Me borrow two SIGs to shoot as well and one had a red dot so he really liked it as well.

11 Likes

Looks like he did well for a first timer.

7 Likes

I thought so too, I feel like I helped set him up for success so he will want to keep shooting. My daughter seemed a little surprised he liked it so much. Lol. I’m kind of confused about that.

8 Likes

@Festus

Thanks for being such a positive influence on a previously non-gun person.

6 Likes

You’re very welcome! I’m trying to make a positive impact one person at a time. Everyone here has helped encourage and motivate me to talk to more people about 2A and it’s original purpose.

6 Likes

I’m thinking about putting my daughter in competition…killed it at the range with the .22 precision rifle. Had to lie and tell her I was tired​:joy::joy: because she grouped at 3 inches at 100 yards consistently

8 Likes

She did great!! Maybe ask her for a few pointers?:joy:

6 Likes

That’s Awesome, congratulations.

5 Likes

@ABTC_inc

Wow. Sounds like your daughter is a natural (good shot)!

Congratulations!

5 Likes

@JohnB, LonewolfMcQuade…children are so resilient but I’m proud of her, lol…I did ask her about her breathing techniques when she was shooting. She told me that she breathes in half way and waits until the pause of her heart??? I have a natural born sniper lol!! ( I didn’t teach her that at all)

9 Likes