The "went to the range" topic

@LonewolfMcQuade I’ve had dreams like this. I need to grow a pair and start going door to door to some neighbors and see if they are 2A supportive and will let me shoot on their land.

4 Likes

deleted

12 Likes

deleted

16 Likes

I like the fact that both of you are wearing forged from freedom t-shirts!

9 Likes

As far as your shoulder, you can get a limb saver slip- over pad. It helps so much you can shoot all day.

9 Likes

Young ground hogs are good bbq.

6 Likes

Thanks! Love these shirts, plan on getting more.

4 Likes

So a few from our last outing with the wife, daughter and family.
This is on BLM land near 29Palms Ca.

13 Likes

Scorpions = Lots of 'em.
Snakes = A few of 'em
Peyote = Unsure (And I wouldn’t tell ya if I was.)
Skeeters = Nope.

Didn’t get to shoot much this trip. Playing RSO most the time.

5 Likes

Or get a past recoil shield .

4 Likes

Ended my Memorial Day with one box of WIN.308 Sierra MatchKings from 130 yards away. It’s been awhile since I fired my rifle last, at least a month or better. Feels good to know it’s still on the money!

12 Likes

deleted

4 Likes

What is the Star a clone of?

2 Likes

You crafty devil you…

3 Likes

Reminds me of my younger days when I was a teenager shooting groundhogs with .22’s. I then graduated to .222 which was a piece of junk. Traded up to a 22-250 which I still have (I’m 70 now). Wish I could find a place here that has those little buggers. But we never had the luxury accommodations like you have.We walked to find them or if we knew where they were we sat and waited till they came out again.My gun is all custom even the stock which was cut out of a chunk of wood. Mauser 98 action.

9 Likes

Nice thread!

We hv 16000acres of awsome property plains , river, hills, Bush, high points …BUT 3hrs away😲

My closes range outdoor to 300m, 1.5hrs away. Thinking if joining a pistol club 15mins away.

Really good when I can go out to the property. My goal is 1000m, so starting to build a long range.

My last range trip was testing .22 HP ammo to 50m. Next will be testing to find best .22 ammo to 100m for my MKII and get on the trigger with my 783 in 308.

I’ve seen some wicked setups at the range.

11 Likes

Hah. You all know by now we do it so if pics slip my mind you’ll have to just believe me. Haha.

5 Likes

Had fun today. My groups aren’t as good as I’d like them to be. They aren’t bad but I would like them a bit tighter.

11 Likes

11 Likes

Yesterday was our 24th year wedding anniversary and we celebrated most of day at the gun range. We spent approximately five hours shooting roughly 500 rounds of ammo down range with various handguns and rifles.

Below are a few of the pictures along with a couple of videos. It was a beautiful summer cool day with fair afternoon winds. Approximately 75 degree temperature most of the time we were there.

My wife was the only woman at the range shooting that afternoon and she impressed the hell out of all the guys that were paying attention. She didn’t let me down in any way of course. Several of the guys confronted her with compliments afterwards. She made me very proud to say the least with her shooting ability.

The gun range was also having a fundraiser at the time where anyone who was willing to donate a $100.00 got to shoot two different types of rifles of their choice. Either a few semi automatic and/or fully automatic AR style rifles and/or a Barrett Model 82A1 50 BMG. We didn’t participate in that, however if was definitely fun watching several others shoot those type of rifles.

We started off at the handgun range shooting steel targets first with the Ruger SR9 along with several other handguns of ours:

Then we finished up at the long range rifle range shooting both my Savage WIN .308 & Marlin 30-30;

Wife plinking a steel target @300 yards with my Savage WIN .308 rifle;

Me plinking steel targets @400 & 500 yards with my Savage WIN .308;

Wife shooting my 1974 Marlin 336 30-30 at 300 yard steel target;

Afterwards, we hit the bar for some food and drinks. WIfe got a little sunburnt. Despite that, all in all, it was a great day! We had fun!

15 Likes