The "went to the range" topic

Holy.

Shit.

You all.

The .45 LC SA wheelgun was sublime. I’ll try and upload a short video of it today.

9 Likes

Thanks for the update. Was wondering how you were going to like it. It looks bad ass!

4 Likes

deleted

4 Likes

the handgun is nice, but OUCH expensive - I suppose the ps90 wasn’t cheap, either.

well, very nice guns and lots of fun.

glad you like your new guns so much!

4 Likes

Looks like the video missed the first two shots. :frowning:

9 Likes

On a side note.
Perfect video for the Forum Community Channel rather than YT.
Have TR post that for you or get your own login from Full30nick.

4 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

looks like the recoil is not too bad.

how was the accuracy?

3 Likes

It isn’t worthy of re-posting, especially since it isn’t even the full 6 rounds!

Recoil was surprisingly lighter than I expected. My first shot was way off because I anticipated and had a slight brief moment of anxiety/excitement firing my first .45 colt wheelgun.

I was only aiming for the body mass so I didn’t test the accuracy at all. I believe I need to aim a little high but again I wasn’t really aiming for target practice. Just “gut” shots. And man does it leave some nasty holes…

4 Likes

yeah, that is one of the great reasons that the .45 (long) colt and the .45 acp have been so popular for so long!

if you can shoot with the truncated cone bullets (aka - flat nose), it is the best for seeing the holes.

4 Likes

I know I’m an odd person but wouldn’t it be cool to have a desert eagle sized semi-auto chambered in .45 LC rated for +P? I would 100% immediately sell a lung for one.

5 Likes

I agree, Mister_Torgue, would be cool.

But, please don’t sell any of your lungs for one!

What about the DE in .44 mag? Close enough?

3 Likes

Never. Even though the .44 mag is more powerful and such just look at the size of this thing. The bullet is slightly bigger with the .45 LC but the .44 mag with modern powders and such is more powerful. When you get to .45 LC +P you’ve equalized it. Almost the exact same energy as the .44 mag. So now you have the same energy but with a slightly larger bullet.

5 Likes

Well, Mister_Torgue: there are some revolvers that can handle the .45 long colt +p.

I guess that will have to do for now.

2 Likes

True. I believe actual Colt manufactured ones can and of course the Ruger and BFR ones are specifically made to handle +P. I just wonder how awesome a large frame hand cannon semi-auto would be with one. Imagine the grip size to take those single stack mags loaded with .45 LC. :thinking:

3 Likes

Mister_Torgue:

I am not sure the Colts can handle the +p’s, you may want to double check on that.

But, a BFR at 60 ounces sure can. Also, the S&W .460’s can shoot the .45 LC, including the .45 LC +p.

Also, some of the Rugers can’t handle the .45 LC +p - again, something to double check on.

3 Likes

Hmmm, that’s good to know.

3 Likes

11 Likes

Ahahshhahshahahs

We got so tired of that went to Home Depot and bought a rolling magnet (steel case 7.62x39)
To pick up spent shells

5 Likes

deleted

5 Likes

That’s why you take kids to the range! They love picking up the treasure, till they get old enough to realize it’s a chore…

7 Likes