The "went to the range" topic

Nice shooting!

10 Likes

Going to the range these days can be expensive. With the current price of ammo we shot a current day value of
70 .308 = $105
40 subsonic .300 blackout = $80
130 5.56 = $130
50 match grade 30-06 = $100
50 10mm = $40
50 .357 sig = $40
20 .45 acp = $15
20 9mm = $25
50 40s&w = $40
Total = $560 worth of ammo for the day
The value of spending the day doing it with you Dad = Priceless

15 Likes

That is awesome. Hard to beat a day like that.

12 Likes

Very cool, now whatever you do, talk them out of going south.

9 Likes

Sat by one of the ponds this afternoon. 3 more snapping turtles went by-by. They need to leave my fish alone.

11 Likes

@shooterrex

Good luck with that!

8 Likes

Had a good day at the range with MAC82 today . Worked on a new to me grip to have quicker follow up shots without loosing accuracy. He has some cool stuff too. Thank you MAC82 for divulging the grip techniques.

9 Likes

Nope,not takin the bait…

9 Likes

Lol

9 Likes

To easy.

9 Likes

Poor groundhogs

8 Likes

Why not it’s a firm 2 hand grip. :grin:

8 Likes

@Festus brought out some good stuff too. Hopefully when i get the h3 buffer the RareBreed trigger will run flawlessly.

8 Likes

Also @Festus showed me the inside of his van.

8 Likes

And what did you show him inside the van? :innocent:

7 Likes

Most likely

10 Likes

And why do so many of us have vans anyway? Hmmmm :thinking:

7 Likes

Still able to put a full mag into the 8" circle at 100 standing

but sometimes to tighten up the group you need to get into the weeds.

and when you take your time it’s 4" circle at 100

and I remember why I hate the M14

14 Likes

The M14 is a great battle rifle.

12 Likes

I finished my first barrel swap last week and shot it today! The original upper was a Franklin Armory single-shot 8" 5.56 without a gas tube from a CA-7 Commiefornia-legal pistol. The replacement barrel is a Faxon 11.5" Big Gunner 5.56, and I added a gas system so now it’s semi-auto.

Goals for the build:

• Indoor CQB.
  • Fit in my Vertx backpack.
  • Rifle-like terminal ballistics for M193-like ammo until 100 yds. Like what the Kenosha kid did to that creep’s bicep.
  • Unlikely to lose zero if I trip and fall on it.
  • Minimal flash.
  • Works well with a silencer.
  • Lightweight.

I moved away from attaching a foregrip or the OWL light, since those add weight.

I got to shoot it with and without the Dead Air Sandman S. It functioned perfectly every time. I just wish I could try the silencer with the 5.56 end cap instead of the 7.62 end cap it came with, since I expected a 25 dB noise reduction, but it didn’t sound like that to me. It just changed from a bang to a voom, about the same volume.

I also introduced another brother-in-law to guns for the first time. He shot my Glock 19 with a .22lr adapter, then the same with 9mm, my Glock 17, my AR-15 16" with 1-6 LPVO, my 8" AR pistol “fireball fun gun,” and then my barrel-swap build above. I think he had fun!

15 Likes