The "went to the range" topic

Pulled out the scale…more than I thought…
Rifle alone,almost 10lb. with Wraith, Nitecore C17 & Wicked Lights adjustable mount, it weighed in at 12.6lb - 12.8lb. (If scale is accurate)

9 Likes

Got out with the T7 for a bit today, but only to the 50 yard range. Had other guns to sight in too. Sightmark Wraith ended up working very nicely…Once I figured crap out! I forgot instructions, so had play with menu & learn functions. The 1 shot zero function worked incredibly well, just ran into a little confusion how to make adjustments while bore sighting before firing 1st shot. Then ran into "technical difficulties " till I realized batteries were about dead. Of all the supplies & what-ifs I plan for in my range bag, I forgot freaking spare batteries!! :facepalm: Fortunately, a young man shooting next to me happened to have 4 new shiny Duracell AA batteries in his truck, saved the day :+1: cool kid.
I was very pleased with the Wraith scope on the T7. After sighting in the 3 rifles, started to get pretty chilly out & decided to call it a day, I’ll head out later this week to the 200 yard range to fine tune.

10 Likes

Dumbass me!! I have that Frog Jumper Pro (which can be found through the sponsor link at the top of our home page here) I could have used that to power the scope…duh, one of those days I guess :facepalm:

Survival Frog

9 Likes

The only upside to the ammo shortage & lousy cold weather is the pure joy of having the entire shooting ranges to myself when I go. When crowded, I’d usually head out 20 minutes away to the hunting property, but my semi abandoned gun club is only 6 minutes away

10 Likes

Had to be some cold though, how bad was it? it was 4 degrees here this morning, which kind of cuts into the range time

9 Likes

Not that cold!:20°s here

8 Likes

Bad enough, looks good

9 Likes

Sounds like it all worked out. Hate to forget stuff myself but it goes like that, call it good training. LoL

9 Likes

Same here - 5 miles away.
BUT…
Ours is a ghost town since the china bio attack.
Maybe a few more on the w/e but not many

9 Likes

Was hoping to get to the 200 yard range this afternoon. Currently I’m sitting out in the parking lot waiting for mom to get out of the doctor office. Worthless follow up appointment from being hospitalized week ago. Thought I’d be able to kill time right next door at the sporting goods store, but their stock is pretty much wiped out, not a whole lot to look at.

9 Likes

In the 20°s again. Didn’t stay long lol. Fine tuned the T 7 with the Wraith @ 100 yards

7 Likes

Do y’all up in those northern climes wear any special kind of shooting gloves that protect you from the cold? If so, what kind? The only kind I have that allow me to fit my trigger finger are a pair of Mechanix gloves, but they suck for the cold. Of course, it doesn’t get as cold here in Texas as it does up north, but my hot natured fingers tend to tolerate the cold less and less as I age.

11 Likes

I used to wear fingerless/half fingerless mitten gloves with a disposable chemical reaction type handwarmer stuffed into the mitten section. Allowed me to slip trigger finger out to shoot. Since I discovered the rechargeable hand warmers, I keep a warmer in each pocket or 1 in a hand muff & wear a thin Mechanix or underarmor glove or none at all.

10 Likes

Hand warmers are great.
Bought a bulk box at COSTCO.

I use the Mechanix gloves - they are OK.
I have a older pair of light leather gloves that are my favorite all around cold weather range go to.
I try to keep the weapons warm at the range too.
Warm handguards are like warm “kittens” on a cold day :wink:
NICE!

7 Likes

Yup hand warmers by the case, wool glove liners inside chopper mittens if you are going to be out shooting or doing stuff a long time

6 Likes

I have a pair of gloves for tech that will be pretty good I think. Haven’t tried shooting with them yet. But they are neoprene throughout except for the tip of the finger which is much thinner material. And they are grippy too.

The mediums are snug on me. But I have large-ish hand for a woman.

8 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade

Hope your Mom is okay.

6 Likes

Thanks @JohnB
Yes , she’s doing well now

5 Likes