The "went to the range" topic

I do have one, but when I go to the synagogue, I also am usually wearing body armor. That makes concealment above the belt harder, since the extra bulk makes things pop though my coat.

Or, maybe it’s just that I haven’t adjusted the rig properly. What’s the proper muzzle angle for a shoulder rig?

4 Likes

@MusashiAharon, there are more folks on here that know more than me in this area. However I wear mine (CZ P09) under my arm pit with the barrel ‘clocked’ at 1:30 - 2:00. It prints, but I don’t care. I prefer outside the waist band, but it isn’t always practical depending on my activity or garb.

4 Likes

Depends on the holster. Some are vertical, some are horizontal, some of the nicer ones have adjustable holsters that can go all the way from horizontal to vertical. Do some shopping and research. You will find one that suits your needs. I have a couple of less expensive ones but I am looking at a better leather one for my G-45 with the TruGLo micro-Tac laser.

6 Likes

Finally got a chance to go to the range this past weekend. I got to try out my new Shield Plus. Man, that little gun is a shooter. I shot it just as well as my 1911 from 5 to 15 yards. What a great trigger, especially for a striker-fire. It also ate 250 rounds of various 9mm brands without a problem. Here’s a pic of it next to my S&W 3913, which I also took for a spin.

9 Likes

I got to train with a bunch of other Jews wanting to defend their synagogues. It was a week-long event, including classroom time on policy and strategy and range time. I focused on not rushing, and getting my sights perfect, and I found that doing so only costs me about a quarter second, yielding a much higher hit rate. Combat accuracy doesn’t need much practice, I think; acquiring sight picture quickly should be 95%.

We did hostage targets with photos, mixed things up with steel, a basic VIP shield-shoot-maneuver, and practiced switching from retention-shooting a rubber dummy to a precision shot at distance. We finished with a shoot-off where I hit steel further than I ever tried before, about 50 yards. I got to the point where I could tell where the POI of my guns are, relative to the front sight dot. (As usual, I was using a Glock with 22lr adapter where I wasn’t training recoil control so much, and switching to 9mm where it mattered.)

I had a great time, and lots of new shooters got competent through the class.

7 Likes

Excellent, glad to hear folks are waking up. Next step I guess is taking it back and working up plans, tactics and measures with your own folks and for your facilities.

I use the 22 slide on the P09 alot. I’ve used the laser dry bullet to the point that it is firing cock eyed. I need to get a better one. That kind of dry fire practice seemed to really pay off for me on the range.

6 Likes

For sure. It got pretty real, with a few of us wearing our hasidic long coats to the range.

Yup. We did a kind of game in the synagogue there, learning where we can set up ambushes on invaders and where they could ambush us. We got introduced to the perils of room clearing, and moving as a team. Though we are not planning on clearing the building, the skills could be important to clear an escape path.

7 Likes

Most discussion was on preventative measures, though, before things get lethal. Monitoring the perimeter, watching new people for cues and things that don’t fit. How to approach them and be ready in case things escalate.

8 Likes

I highly approve of your training on the actual scenarios most likely to happen.
Very pro active. Very smart.

360 your 20
Words to live by 24/7.

6 Likes

Way to go @MusashiAharon! Always keep it Real and Never Forget! :clap: :clap::clap:

6 Likes

doing the 100m sight in with my not a AK

M&M M10x 7.62x39 with cheap Norinco white box.

7 Likes

Nice, I like the side mounted bipod legs. Much better looking than a AK BTW.

3 Likes

Very cool, looks like a good day!

5 Likes

Took the new build out for a bit this afternoon. 6mm ARC rifle.
Only shot about 35 rnds. Doesn’t lock back on an empty mag w/1 kind of ammo but almost every time with another. The gas block might not be sealed up all the way yet or I need to open the gas port up a bit.
Velocity’s in the low 2600’s

7 Likes

Looks good Rex. :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

Had to open the gas port up a bit.
Installed the new scope and shot a bit more today.

87 yds.

5 Likes

You’re still shooting factory aren’t you? Not to bad Rex, have you crony’d it yet?

4 Likes

Average 2635fps for the match and black. Yes I’m not set up to reload 6arc yet.

5 Likes

I would have thought factory would be faster. Are they 108s?

When you get to reload them, it should be better. 2700 fps for sure with the 108s.

4 Likes

This is about the same velocity’s some other folks have gotten out of a 18" barrel. Yep 108’s.I am hearing reports of the velocity increasing after the barrel breaks in. Don’t know.

5 Likes