The "went to the range" topic

Hope they really help. Just got one for my Winchester 30-30 and one for my High-Standard 12 gauge.

5 Likes

They work amazing Brother! Let us know what you think about them after a range visit.

5 Likes

Some of my targets

11 Likes

Went to the range on Tuesday and brought out the .45 LC cowboy gun. Shit I love that wheelgun. Went one handed with it and was giddy as a school boy with the size of the holes on target and extra smokey Remmington wheelgun ammo.

There just isn’t much better than a wheelgun that makes a loud noise, smokes and make large holes in things.

12 Likes

Think of the holes , smoke and noise from THIS !!

1" bore home made signal ? canon

10 Likes

What’s the range on that? Pretty cool.

6 Likes

does it take glock mags?

7 Likes

Yes but they make odd shaped holes and don’t fly very accurately .

8 Likes

I don’t know what the range is. I wad it with paper and shoot it for the Report it produces lol

5 Likes

Looking down the bore
The lathe used to make the barrel

10 Likes

Aly.bel and I got to the range early this morning to go shooting.

She was a trooper going out in the cold for five hours, and she got to shoot out to 500 yards too.

I had the chance to test the new H-AF buffer weight that I made. For the sig 716.
Brass was ejected at the 4-3oclock position.
When I first purchased the 716 it was shooting 8-10” MOA. I was going to rebarrel it until I thought of a better idea!
I ran 260 rounds of steel case brass washed Norinco from 1992. I think that it lapped the barrel nicely.
.650 first three shots at 100 yards.
Aly.bel got her Remington 700 out. Zeroed it at 100 yards with this group.

Her three measured at .655!
Aly.bels 4 shot at 500 was a bulls eye.

It sure was cold, but we had fun. The 6.5 Grendel, the MK18, and BCM ran flawlessly.

15 Likes

Right on. It looks like the humans and weapons are both proven in cold weather. :wink:

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s really fun in the rain. That was our last range day before this one.

11 Likes

It was just nice to get some trigger time in, even if I couldn’t actually feel my extremities. What used to be an almost every weekend occurrence is now a handful of times a year so I’ll take what I can get!

10 Likes

As long as you showed those targets who’s boss that’s what matters. :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Took the Canik TP9DA out for its first range visit. VERY impressed. Zero malfunctions straight out of the box with 120 rounds. The +P ammo seemingly had zero extra recoil but a very healthy ejection (placebo?) and accuracy boost over my Russian steel cased ball rounds I use for target practice. Once I settled down and focused on acquiring my sight picture those Warren combat sights were pretty awesome.

Fun fact, a Makarov in cold weather is not a fun handgun to shoot but damn is it not an accurate SOB.

12 Likes

Comrade…Makarov was designed to be shot with extra thick Soviet winter gloves after consuming many bottles of cheap Russian vodka! (Insert heavy Russian accent) :wink:

7 Likes

Most likely a true story! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Remember you want to come to Idaho get use to the cold range days :smiley: I really like the reset on that. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Absolutely! I’m not used to wearing gloves so I’ll be stubborn up there in ID.

The reset is very good, impressive actually. I’m really surprised the trigger either DA or SA is as smooth and crisp as it is for such little money–I only spent $373 on this thing. Guess Canik did a good job of cloning the P99’s trigger.

4 Likes