The World's Most Powerful Handguns

9 Likes

I do like my Ruger 454

5 Likes

My Dad has a Desert Eagle .50 and a Super Blackhawk .44 mag. I enjoy shooting the .50…occasionally. Not so much for the Ruger. It has the small wood grips and it’s rather unpleasant with magnum loads. LOL

5 Likes

Had to ditch the stock grips on the Ruger. Houge makes better grips for handling recoil.

6 Likes

Absolutely. He has the big rubber Hogue grip too. It certainly helps with recoil, but it doesn’t look as cool.

4 Likes

I ditched factory grips for the Hogue as well! Much better

6 Likes

I was surprised that the article mentioned the Encore, or maybe I wasn’t.

Here’s my SSK Handcannon chambered in .375/06 JDJ a wildcat cartridge. It’ll launch a 300gr bullet @ 2200 fps. It’s designed to put a solid through 4’ of elephant skull; in one side, through the brain, and out the other side. Here it is next to a 1911. also the cartridge as compared to a .45ACP. Due to the expansion chamber and ports there is very little muzzle rise, the recoil (and lots of it) comes straight back.

5 Likes

Nice Kimber! @BrianK

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s actually a Kimber .22. But it’s the same size as a 1911 in .45ACP flavor. It’s what my hand grabbed for the picture when I took it years ago. I figured no one will ever know, now you do. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’d like to add the 9x25 Dillon just below the aforementioned cartridges in here. Why there isn’t an AR in this cartridge is beyond me. I’d build one immediately.

If you are not familiar with the 9x25 Dillon just go look at the ballistics. They’re yummy.

3 Likes

Ron Williams ( http://www.rmwxtreme.com ) makes 10mm AR uppers, and has apparently made a 9x25 Dillon upper as a custom order.

3 Likes

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!

2 Likes

Did you just soil your pants?

2 Likes

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe

2 Likes

I think we know where your next bonus is going🤣

2 Likes

You’d think so, but no. I’m gonna spend some money on the Charger this time around.

2 Likes

Nice topic, @LonewolfMcQuade !

Let me introduce you to my little friends:

The Taurus is .454 Casull / .410, and the Ruger is .44 mag.

I also have the S&W 460, but no picture (yet).

4 Likes

Very nice pieces @JohnB !!

3 Likes

@LonewolfMcQuade

Thanks! Funny thing - the Taurus weighs more than the Ruger, but is a bit shorter.

4 Likes

Wow! I would have thought opposite

3 Likes