The World's Most Powerful Handguns

7 Likes

I do like my Ruger 454

4 Likes

My Dad has a Desert Eagle .50 and a Super Blackhawk .44 mag. I enjoy shooting the .50…occasionally. Not so much for the Ruger. It has the small wood grips and it’s rather unpleasant with magnum loads. LOL

3 Likes

Had to ditch the stock grips on the Ruger. Houge makes better grips for handling recoil.

4 Likes

Absolutely. He has the big rubber Hogue grip too. It certainly helps with recoil, but it doesn’t look as cool.

3 Likes

I ditched factory grips for the Hogue as well! Much better

5 Likes

I was surprised that the article mentioned the Encore, or maybe I wasn’t.

Here’s my SSK Handcannon chambered in .375/06 JDJ a wildcat cartridge. It’ll launch a 300gr bullet @ 2200 fps. It’s designed to put a solid through 4’ of elephant skull; in one side, through the brain, and out the other side. Here it is next to a 1911. also the cartridge as compared to a .45ACP. Due to the expansion chamber and ports there is very little muzzle rise, the recoil (and lots of it) comes straight back.

3 Likes

Nice Kimber! @BrianK

2 Likes

Thanks. It’s actually a Kimber .22. But it’s the same size as a 1911 in .45ACP flavor. It’s what my hand grabbed for the picture when I took it years ago. I figured no one will ever know, now you do. :smiley:

2 Likes