This just in - Nikon is getting out of the firearms optics

Not too sure if it is just on this side of the fence but three different Retailers have mentioned that Nikon is getting out of the firearms optics - but will still continue with spotting scopes, range finders and binos

5 Likes

Well that sucks!!!

4 Likes

Might explain why the P-Tactical Spur doesn’t have any pistol plates available

4 Likes

Bummer if true. I did a quick search of the interwebs and didn’t see any news about it yet.

4 Likes

One of our intrepid readers who’s in the retail end of the gun business told us of notification he received from one of his distributors. They were letting him know that Nikon will be exiting the rifle scope business and that once current inventory is gone, it’s gone.

TTAG spoke to Nikon’s advertising agency who confirmed the news. We’re told that this is a business decision Nikon has made based on their position in the highly competitive optics market.

4 Likes

They make a decent scope at a good price. What a shame. I’ve got at least a half dozen scopes and have been pleased, especially with use of the Spot on app

5 Likes

Hadn’t heard that but I know they have been losing money in the camera game. Took to long to switch over to mirrorless and now they are playing catch-up to Sony. They said changes were coming to the company

4 Likes

I’m going to assume there will be NO more customer support/warranty either. Never had an issue with a Nikon optic but Fuck,fuck,fuck!!!

4 Likes

Aw, man.

4 Likes

Poop. I have a couple and would have bought another if the need came up.

Had a VERY good experience with Nikon in regards to a 30 year old waterproof marine binocular w/compass that lost the internal LED. I sent mine in for service and asked for replacement eye-cups while they had them in; and they sent me a brand new pair!

Also have a FE (35mm) and 9100 camera and had a F2AS Photomic (35mm) and the optics are always great.

4 Likes