This Might Sting, If So, Walk It Off, LOL

8 Likes

Dont agree, plenty of hunters are unsafe and lousy with firearms. I think firearm saftey and basics should be taught in schools though. Hunting is a cool past time but the right to keep and bear arms was not emphasized so strongly by the founders for the reason of hunting as much as defending against and combating tyrants.

8 Likes

I think you missed the point

7 Likes

Think I got it just fine. Many Hunters are usually not on our side though, the word “FUDD” comes from hunters that dont like people having semi auto firearms even. I have met legitimate gun owners that dislike killing animals, I dont see the issue with not being a hunter in todays world.

There are benefits to hunting but it shouldnt be a requirement, people from all walks of life should be able to defend themselves adequately.

Putting aside for food gathering purposes Hunting was used as a right of passage in many cultures with the mindset that by desensitizing kids to violence it helps them develop into warriors. Which fair enough is probably true to a certain extent.

9 Likes

Most of the best solders I ever met were hunters, just sayin

9 Likes

Some of the biggest gun control advocates are too. My point is its irrelevent to gun ownership and should be. If someone wants to hunt thats thier choice , it shouldnt prevent them from defending themselves though.

Nowif you want to open a real can of worms get me going on the fatasses that sit in tree stands and never stalk thier pray.

6 Likes

There are different kinds of hunters if you have a gun you should already be trained in the safe use of it.

I can’t even get in a tree, but I will shoot a deer in my yard.

7 Likes

You are not who I am referring too. I see 500lb fatties with $5000 worth of cabelas gear sit in stands and never move yet claim they are “hunting”. Most will let wounded animals run if they can’t get to thier ATVs fast enough.

I’m more primitive, may even try a loin cloth and spear next time.

6 Likes

I have to go bleach my eyes good night

7 Likes

Interesting lecture and look at the past.

Preparing for War: Hunting and Sportive Games:

6 Likes

Maybe teach it in middle school, AFTER parents have done their duty and instilled the basics of safety. I started young, honestly can’t remember not being allowed to pull the trigger. At 5 I was tasked with shooting vermin for cat and dog food. Hunted for food and fur, could not get enough 22 shells to keep me happy. When I got to any the formal training in the service I was way ahead of most on marksmanship, even though I had never touched an AR those tens of thousands of 22 rounds shot hunting and plinking made a difference, it’s still making a difference today. There is no substitute for muscle memory, making this ammo shortage/gouge even more unsettling. But yes, everyone should hunt and plink.

8 Likes

3 gun or shooting teams as part of a school sports programs like what they do with Trap shooting would work good. Most hunters put very minimal rounds down range which is what builds skill.

6 Likes

I dont dislike hunting though, it has its place as a useful skill and an American past time. Also I think my various encoutures with FUDDs has maybe clouded my views , I did not grow up in the better years of America afterall. I view hunting as fun and worth doing but I would push a new shooter towards sport shooting first.

Its weird how you see so many antigun hunters compared to anti gun 3 gunners or sport shooters though. It seems like the gun culture in America has been embraced more by sport shooting communities than hunting communities. Schools should cover saftey, basic education and sport shooting and kids could decide where to go from there whether it be SD,war, or hunting

7 Likes

You start out squirrel hunting as a kid, it teaches you marksmanship, patience stalking, how to use concealment, and to pay attention, all these will serve you well if you ever find yourself in a situation when you need to use a firearm to defend yourself
Maybe you grew up different, when most of us were kids, were had hunter safety taught in school so we knew how to act, had family that had taught us before that. I took a gun to school and left t in the car to go hunting after school all the time and I’m sure plenty of people here did as well, and you know what, nobody at those schools ever got shot.

10 Likes

I’l assume I missed it, hate to think the leprechaun is trying to start fights

7 Likes

We were upland bird hunters.
Walk 10 miles in a long morning was no biggie.
I close my eyes and look at the group and where we are now.
Not one of us -now 60-80 y/o would be called “out of shape”
Most are still hunting - walking a mile or 3 to the stand or dozens of fields in a day.

Then there’s the ones at our range that drive 300Yds in their car [some have to because of disability] to set or re-set their targets. Mostly all oversized huffing and puffing to get in and out of the car.
America has become fat and lazy.
It’s now paying for that f -up

8 Likes

I don’t think he was, who knows with those Polocks

7 Likes

And apparently easily offended to hear it as well

8 Likes

AI on YT
Too many of us been using “Monster” as a rat rebuttal.
Can’t be telling the truth on the rat infested propaganda sites now can we?

8 Likes

I guess, it is hard to imagine the uploader setting it that way, seriously, if they did, why?

9 Likes