thoughts on a members' review section

just throwing this out there

having the powers to be create a section on Full30 that members can post their own reviews on firearms, accessories, training aids, trainers etc. It would be open for posting to LVL 3 but view able by all.
My feeling is it would allow the experience of our family to be better support our community

• yes
  • no

0 voters

put your ideas to expand on this idea - dissenting opinion more than welcome and expected.

6 Likes

That is at least part of the reason for the forum members channel.
Are you suggesting something beyond that? Sorry, just not clear on what you’re thinking about.

4 Likes

there are certain hoops one has to jump through to upload to the “community Channel” - this would be a forum section that members can post their written / hosted externally videos to, and if you are able to upload to the community channel also be shared there.

7 Likes

Got it.

6 Likes

think of it as reviews by us for us - good or bad

8 Likes

I’d prefer reviews by our type than gun guru’s on a Manufactures payroll

Vote #7 Still 100% want it.
Good!

6 Likes

It would be a good idea to keep reviews all in one place. The info should be easier to access.
I would suggest a standard format for review titles, perhaps just the name of the firearm, part, accessory, etc… It would be hard to find appropriate info if someone was looking for a review of a type of gun and titles were “The best gun ever” or “I can’t believe I bought this.”

6 Likes

I’m in, sounds like a good idea.

5 Likes

When I first read the title I thought we would be critiquing each other, lol. Glad I read the whole thing. Excellent idea!

Ah hem, your blonde is showing, lol.

6 Likes

Another thought…
Can there be category tags that could be selected by the reviewer (and modified by appropriate members) that could allow for filtering of reviews? As an example if someone were to review a Mosin Nagant, they could choose tags for the caliber, bolt action, military surplus, country of origin, etc…
I am not a programmer or web developer but I know this may be too labor intensive. It may be enough to have sub-forums for pistol, rifle, knife, accessories, etc…

6 Likes

As I recall we did that at one point. Didn’t go well.

8 Likes

that is best left behind the bedroom door and married couples you two.

5 Likes

Great idea @srdiver

3 Likes

So, category

Reviews & Opinions
Hand Guns
Long Guns
?
?
?

Where’s everyone at with the actual construction/layout

4 Likes

Probably just reviews and opinions, if you make it for every type gun then it would have to be a whole nother forum to add. shoot I ain’t no web designer, I do know some of these websites that have like a hundred categories and a bunch of sub forums are a pain to use.

5 Likes

KISS. keep it simple son

2 Likes

Didn’t know we couldn’t post reviews now…
I find this forum difficult to navigate compared to many others already, I second the KISS suggestion.

4 Likes

My suggestion is that we have the User Reviews be the highest level of categorization. Then below that, only 6 categories:

Handguns
Rifles
Shotguns
Knives
Other
Accessories

4 Likes

will this be more product review and be first hand, must have product…?

review must be current, in hand, photo/video etc back up?

4 Likes

I would think it needs to be from someone here that owns or borrows some ones equipment or guns, but the review needs to be done by a member here. not some joe blow that nobody knows. It also needs to have pics or videos.

If it’s done by somebody that no one knows and no pics or is old news, then very few will read it. I don’t pay attention to most reviews from people I don’t even converse with. especially ones that just say it’s great or a POS without documented proof with pics. just my opinion.

5 Likes