thoughts on a members' review section

that is best left behind the bedroom door and married couples you two.

5 Likes

Great idea @srdiver

3 Likes

So, category

Reviews & Opinions
Hand Guns
Long Guns
?
?
?

Where’s everyone at with the actual construction/layout

4 Likes

Probably just reviews and opinions, if you make it for every type gun then it would have to be a whole nother forum to add. shoot I ain’t no web designer, I do know some of these websites that have like a hundred categories and a bunch of sub forums are a pain to use.

5 Likes

KISS. keep it simple son

2 Likes

Didn’t know we couldn’t post reviews now…
I find this forum difficult to navigate compared to many others already, I second the KISS suggestion.

4 Likes

My suggestion is that we have the User Reviews be the highest level of categorization. Then below that, only 6 categories:

Handguns
Rifles
Shotguns
Knives
Other
Accessories

4 Likes

will this be more product review and be first hand, must have product…?

review must be current, in hand, photo/video etc back up?

4 Likes

I would think it needs to be from someone here that owns or borrows some ones equipment or guns, but the review needs to be done by a member here. not some joe blow that nobody knows. It also needs to have pics or videos.

If it’s done by somebody that no one knows and no pics or is old news, then very few will read it. I don’t pay attention to most reviews from people I don’t even converse with. especially ones that just say it’s great or a POS without documented proof with pics. just my opinion.

5 Likes

here is a prime example
https://forum.full30.com/t/personal-firearm-training-system/10742

so not just firearms but a section on training aid accessories and than maybe a section on trainers.

2 Likes

What I see left out on most reviews is follow up. People post up when they buy something new and never post after they use the item for any length of time. Is there any way to send a reminder to the OP after say six months or a year?

5 Likes

good idea but that would still be the responsibility of the poster, but we as the viewing audience also have the power to ask the poster if the review is still valid

3 Likes

As someone new this is my thought. I’m not big into watching gun reviews. What I’ve noticed is that most all of them will never say anything negative about a product. Not sure why that is. Maybe they are afraid the manufacturer won’t send them any more products or they’ll lose freebies or something. Just seems no matter what I watch, it’s always “great!” in the eyes of the reviewer. so that doesn’t really help me any. I’m not in the market for a gun, but I did go to Top Guns yesterday and take a look at that Canik TP9 SFX when I saw it posted on here the other day.

It would be nice to see honest reviews by someone with nothing to gain and calling a turd a turd. And just watching someone shoot isn’t exactly a review. Tell me what you feel, what you notice, how are the sigths, muzzle rise, recoil, grip, things you don’t like, etc.

7 Likes

next week you will hear about the SFx and family shooting, so everything from advanced to have never fired before, for me it will be using a red dot on a pistol as compared to daughter who has never fired anything but a co2 .

5 Likes

The good side of this is folks won’t be fretting about making $$. I do think there are a few too many all positive reviews because of the income factor.

I think with forum focus reviews we will see more “fair and balanced” reporting. (Sorry…couldn’t resist.)

Also catagories like @JohnB mentioned with additions like scopes/optics, holsters, training aids would be great.

We do have the advantage of easily communicating questions and follow up requests.

This is a great idea. Thanks @srdiver.

6 Likes

I just want good honest unprofessional reviews by our members with their own stuff! None of that fake endorsements like the YouTube video crowd. The guys that get free merchandise from the manufacturer and then lie through their teeth about what a great piece of shit product it is!

5 Likes

I look forward to it. Let me know when it’s posted.

2 Likes

Awe man! I just realized I can’t even post in the new ”Reviews & Opinions” section. I feel like such a loser. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Did you click on the reviews and opinion banner itself?

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean. I can view the threads in there no problem. I’m just not allowed to create any new topics or reply to any posts based on my member status.

3 Likes