Tisas/MAC Doublestack 1911

Anyone have any hands on experience with one of these? They look to be the most affordable entry into the 2011 style pistols and they have no MIM parts. Tisas makes both. From what I can tell, the biggest differences are that Tisas branded are bushing barrel and RMSc footprint and MAC is bull barrel and RMR footprint. I’d probably go MAC for RMR alone. I know these wouldn’t be on par with Stacatto or the like, but does anyone know how they are fit/finish wise against something like a Platypus or any of the other doublestacks? Not too worried about trigger as I could change out the fire control group and tune it how I like. Still would like to get a Platypus eventually, just more money than I want to invest in the style at this point.

8 Likes

@Belt-Fed your up … give opinion on your Tisas

7 Likes

I have two of them, just shot one and it worked fine and very accurate they seem well made. the other one i can’t tell you anything about. i had to send it off for their recall before i got to fire it. been gone three weeks so far with no communications from them.

Be sure to check if the one you are wanting is on the recall list. mine was the raider. i have seen people getting theirs back from them with no communications, not even a shipping notice that it’s coming back or one that they got your pistol. which really sucks cause who knows if they got it with these shippers now.

Big thing is look up the recall notice and see if the one you want is on it, if it is i would pass on it.

8 Likes

Are either of yours the doublestack? I don’t have an issue with the Tisas brand itself. I know it’s Turkish made and all that but they seem to run a bit better than some of the other lower cost options out there. I’m basically looking at it for a project pistol that I can make better. I have an 80% fullsize 2011 frame to build out, but you know how that can get expensive and I want to see if this is something I want to get that far into before I do it. This is the specific one I’m considering. It’s a MAC, but it’s made for them by Tisas.

8 Likes

Both of mine are single stack 45’s

8 Likes