TO BE OR NOT TO BE?(body armor)

where
can’t seem to find them - could you provide a link.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/clothing/body-armor/armor-plates?d=112&c=444&s=3346

They range in different prices depending on what level you get, I got them when they first came out, there was a special with the vest, front and back plates level III+ which if you watched the video, looked very effective, there is also another one that their shooting 308 into it, good luck and godspeed.

2 Likes

‘Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
or to take arms against a sea of troubles and end them.”

Hamlet

4 Likes

3 Likes

Too bad us civies cant own grenades. Perfect home defense weapon.

3 Likes

Been wanting to remodel the dinning room, just hate demo

3 Likes

Old school armor. :japanese_goblin:

7 Likes

Is that samurai armor?

3 Likes

Yes, Menpo (meaning “face and cheek”) is a type of samurai facial armor (known generally as Men-yoroi or men-gu) that covers from the nose down to the chin. This example is of the “furious power” (or ressei men) subtype with wrinkles, teeth, whiskers, and a savage expression. On the sides are attachment hooks (ori-kugi) for securing the chin strap of a helmet (kabuto). Attached is a throat guard, or yodare-kake. Edo period (1603-1868).

I also collect Tsuba, or samurai sword mountings.

6 Likes

A sort of armor, in that it helps prevent your fingers from being removed by your opponent. Which would be bad.
:japanese_ogre:

A tsuba in the style of the Yokoya School (founded by Yokoya Soyo, 1700-1779). Yokoya Sôyo worked for the Shogunal Court at Yedo in the classical Goto style. However, his successor Yokoya Somin (1669-1733) broke away in the latter half of the Edo (1603-1868) period and introduced the katakiri-bori technique of engraving which imitates the brush strokes of sumi-e painting. Somin’s style and designs were influenced by his friend and painter Hanabusa Itcho (1652-1724). The goal of ink painting was to capture the spirit, rather than the mere appearance, of its subject. Useless details were eliminated, and each brush-touch was charged with meaning. Tonality and shading were achieved by varying ink density, ink load, and pressures applied within a single brushstroke. In katakiri-bori, correspondingly, a hammer and triangular-pointed chisel was used to form the design, with the angle of the chisel being varied to create different depths and thicknesses of line. The influence of Yokoya Somin and Hanabusa Itcho are both evident in the execution of this example.

A work of Itcho for comparison/reference.

3 Likes

Do you train in any of the arts that use katanas? I use to spar with kendo guys when I was more into Eskrima, interesting art. The real blades are beautiful and real works of art.

1 Like

Long ago. I’m not in the same shape I was then. :pensive:

2 Likes

Cool stuff though, got any blades?

2 Likes

No national treasures. Mine are just for tatami mats and zombies.

3 Likes

Take a look prepper10

3 Likes

I dont know much about Japanese blades , who made that and what kind of steel is it?

1 Like

pretty nice ryū tsuba - at least it isn’t a cast chinese copy. Anyone date it - my guess middle Meiji to Taishō

3 Likes

There’s a name under the handle of the maker. I don’t read Japanese unfortunately.

2 Likes

Bet your smart phone has an app :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Looks neat, how old is it?

3 Likes