Today I’m working on

Bubba @McQuade inspired the thread title, its similar to his

So he must be a very inspirational fellow,

seems there’s a lot of various projects, Guns certainly, but I think an open thread in this case, full gangsta derailment

I’ll go first

Today I’m working on:

Not being homicidal

Yes, a serious of events including a long slow drive down icy roads,making it to a plowed road, only to realize my turbo wasn’t working

how, mmmm, no power, large atomic cloud behind the truck

so, drove back, got the other POS truck to make the trip (insert headache story here) and ultimately coming home, digging in to the turbo and finding

Acorns.

So, how does an air cleaner filter dirt if a rodent can pile up acorns?

IDK, put a screen over the intake, we’ll see if it happens again

7 Likes

He’s a very (insert profanity here)alright…

4 Likes

Aaagh, fuckensquirrels! :angry:

5 Likes

Acorns should not get to the turbo, check a hose to see if they have chewed a hole in it, is this the new chevy? if no hole, somebody had a hose off or the filter off for a bit to allow them to get in there and it’s just now doing the damage. if bearings are burn’t up…get well soon wallet.

5 Likes

Probably rats or mice.

5 Likes

Maybe, but my boss had a vehicle sitting out back for a couple months and the squirrels filled the entire engine compartment with butter nuts!

5 Likes

Also get the turbo rebuilt, much cheaper. you may even be able to fix it if it’s just bearings. hopefully you have no broken vanes.

4 Likes

I just scooped out a handful, test drove, heard that beautiful whistle and returned to zip tie a screen over the air intake

4 Likes

I had a rat leaving acorns on my battery every day, I thought it was squirrels too. until I seen that big bastard. I put some tomcat on the battery where he always eats and found his ass doin the dying quiver about three days later.

5 Likes

Good deal, I would still take the hose off and check for more.

4 Likes

Enough with your hose fetish already…

4 Likes

You big perverted bully.

4 Likes

removing the hose is how I found them

I had the air cleaner apart a month or so back, there is a filter, IDK, maybe the wrong one

5 Likes

May be the wrong filter. think I seen it was an aftermarket filter set up. was it bully dog? seems like it was a nice set up. the manufactures site should be able to tell you what filter to use. should be a model number on the filter cover somewhere. and don’t mention hose or @LonewolfMcQuade will get excited.

4 Likes

Banks turbo, I’ll pull it apart soon to verify, sure there will be a scornful laugh

5 Likes

Acornful laugh …

5 Likes

LOL, could be that also

5 Likes

Lonewolf and myself if we had grown up together

6 Likes

damn hippies.

5 Likes

Banks is good stuff.

6 Likes