Top 5 38 Special Revolvers I Own? Why Not!

What do you think of the 38 Special and what are some of your favorites?

7 Likes

:popcorn:

" In the Moro Rebellion, Moro Muslim Juramentados in suicide attacks continued to charge against American soldiers even after being shot. Panglima Hassan in the Hassan uprising was shot dozens of times before his jihad was stopped. As a result, Americans elected to phase out revolvers with .38 caliber ammunition in favor of .45 ACP to continue their fight against the Moros. "

5 Likes

On a serious note my grandpa used a S&W .38 or .357 for police duty for over 20 years and really liked that gun.

7 Likes

the Colt at #2 was my grandfathers duty backup :slight_smile: why i don’t carry use as a console gun anymore, too sentimental to end up losing or get stolen

7 Likes

I’ve had a few J frames, nice bug guns. any larger of a frame is just not needed for a .38 IMO

7 Likes

K-frame Smith and Wesson’s are my favorite (with larger combat or target grip). They just feel great in my hand.

7 Likes

depends on what you are using them for… definitely not true in the sense of competition

6 Likes

apropos your assessment I disagree with:

Bug match best 5 rounds count,

Limiting yourself to only 5 rounds with the J frame

quintessential competition

6 Likes

\you can disagree all you want but doesn’t make you right LOL one day i would be happy to oblige you on a range in a bullseye competition, my custom model 10 versus your snubby… bring it big boy, winner buys the steaks, baked potatoes and beer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Only have one .38 and it is a model 10 3 inch heavy barrel.never needed another .38.

7 Likes

Well if the rules allow I’d like to forfeit now and acknowledge you won :plate_with_cutlery:

please

5 Likes

you ain’t gonna get out of a range date that easy Robert! BAHAHAHA

4 Likes

need? what the heck, you acquire guns based on need? what is that like ROOKIE? bahahaha JK

4 Likes

Smith 49. With the shrouded hammer it’s unlikely to hang up on clothing. One less thing to worry about.

5 Likes

i am not a fan of those because i really like having the single action option… BUT, i totally get why it is the best choice in certain situations. i watched a video a while back from Paul Harrel where he was shooting from inside purses, under covers, etc and WOW, an exposed hammer caused a TON of issues, way to much of the time to trust if you were in that sort of situation regularly for sure

5 Likes

I dont see the point in hammerless wheel guns. It’s more blasphemous than a hamerless 1911, there are just some things a guy shouldnt do and that is one of them.

6 Likes

have you seen that paul harrel video? might check it out, certainly makes the case for them in some situations. hammers or cycling actions did not perform well at all

6 Likes

I would just buy a Glock at that point. Unless you have physical limitations that prevent racking the slide it is a better option than a bastardized wheel gun,imo. Lets be honest, when we want a wheel gun we want a hammer to mess with and a leather holster.

5 Likes

i am not explaining the situation well, but that is alright, we all have opinions and perspectives, you do you bro

5 Likes

at the end of the day, i agree with you, i don’t like non exposed hammer revolvers either

5 Likes