Top 5 Pistols to have in a gunfight, What do you think?

Because everyone that I mentioned I actually own.

I don’t own a P-10 and being striker fire, of course it’s trigger is going to feel better seeing it single action.

The reason I prefer the Phantom is it’s comparable to the other CZ75s I own and I can interchange magazines with each. The big difference is weight being polymer verses steel.

I don’t like Glocks as they feel like a brick in my hand, and I’m not going to pay what Wilson or Heckler & Koch think their firearms are worth. Not when I can purchase a firearm I believe is every bit as good for more then half the price! As for issues. My 97 has feed everything I’ve loaded in to it including JHP. Mine is a BD made in 2016 so they may have corrected that problem.

And no, I have a Gen. 1 Arsenal Strike One pistols not the just released Gen. 2.

1 Like

Maybe so, but words have specific meanings for a reason. Someone who uses pedant and obviously understand its meaning I would think gets it. :wink:

3 Likes

Copy.

Roger that on Glocks, I also hate 'em and as far as I’m concerned they’re grossly overrated.

As for the 97. I guess you’re lucky then. As far as I know they’re hit or miss. Good for you that yours reliably feeds HPs!:+1:

3 Likes

Been very lucky over the years concerning firearms that other seem to have issues with.

I own 4 Kahrs which I’ve been told are pieces of junk due to issues others have had with theirs. I’ve never had a problem, feed everything that I loaded into it, and is one of my EDC (P45).

1 Like

I recently purchased a CZ P-09 Urban Grey Suppressor-Ready and would have to say it would be my #1 option. For starters, the magazine holds 21 rounds and it points well. My #2 option would be Glock 19 for no other reason than reliability. #3 would be HK VP 40 and #4 would be Sig 938. Those are the only options I have so that’s my list. The Zero1 would round out #5. The MAC Chanel review and 1000 round test without a fail was pretty impressive.

1 Like

Kahr really is one of those underrated brands. Their guns are of very good quality.

2 Likes

I have only two options at the moment, Makarov pistol for EDC, Glock 17c gen4 for range and competition shooting…so my choice would go for these obviously. I have tried other nice pistols, but have not had enough experience and practice with them.
Other obvious reason, choosing Makarov for EDC and possibility to get in a gunfight, would be its reliability,size and accuracy, plus good stopping power of that cartridge. I’m using it for years, it never gave me a slightest problem. However I would wish for quicker sights on that gun…

1 Like

Depends on the circumstances of the gunfight for me.

1 Like
  1. Glock 34
  2. Glock 19
  3. Sig Sauer All Stainless P226
  4. Sig Sauer All Stainless P220
  5. Springfield Armory Loaded 1911

I have experience with these pistols so if I had to choose one of the 5 I know I could be effective any of them.

1 Like

Depends on what kind of gun fight and how I got there. But, if I can have any handguns, then all 5 of the below:

1. Walther Creed
  2. Walther PPS M2
  3. Smith and Wesson 460
  4. BFR 5.25 inch barrel 45/410
  5. Pedersoli Howda 45/410 SxS
1 Like
  1. HK P7 1th generation

2. SIG-Sauer P6/P225

3. HK USP Custom Sport .45

4. S&W M 28-2 4" yes, it’s a revolving pistol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5. HK SFP9/VP9 / Walther PPQ

2 Likes

Haha newbie here! Longtime NRA member too. I was gonna add “the one I have with me at the time”. I carry mostly a G26 in a Glock beltslider or in a Uncle Mike’s fanny pack…OR a Chief Special if I’m having a “revolver day” and always my trusty Seecamp P32 in a R side pocket holster, as a backup. I live out in the county and have my own pistol pit in the back yard. Out around here it’s the Chief spl, but if I hafta go into town, it’s the G26 w 2 spare mags from a G17 . Nice to find a new website and forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s actually tough. Especially when you own a considerate amount. But some are purchase for other reasons. So the GTW list falls short. But here are my picks:

1. Glock 19
  2. HK P30Sk
  3. Sig P229
  4. HK USP (which I don’t have. My next purchase)
  5. IWI Jericho 941
1 Like

Since the question is about a gunfight and not just my favorite pistols I will say I’d like a Glock 17 with several 33 round mags and then four friends with their favorite pistol each. Kind of hard for me to shoot five pistols at once. :wink:

1 Like
  1. Glock 19
  2. Desert Eagle
  3. Smith & Wesson Shield
  4. Ruger SP101
  5. Springfield XDs .45
1 Like

Tbh I just think aiming for being able to put the most lead downrange as possible. This is why most militaries went the 5.56 or 5.45 route, so they could put more lead downrange with less weight. So basically any handgun which has a capacity above the others, is extremely reliable, and at the very least decent accuracy. Which is why I chose the P09.

2 Likes

This is always a tough question to answer. There is so many great options.

I carry a Glock 19 everyday with surefire xc1 and use Federal HST Bullets. This is a solid choice for a gun fight but if I didn’t have to worry about carrying it around all day then I would select a full size 9mm or 45.

FN FNX 45 tactical (15+1 of 45 acp hard to beat)
SAI Blu
Glock 17 (customized by me)
M&P 9 ( with trigger upgrade)
1911 Nighthawk / Wilson Combat

1 Like
  1. Glock 19, hard to beat with the 33 round mags.
  2. Steyr M9a1
  3. Arex zero 1
  4. Glock 40 MOS
  5. Sig SP2022
2 Likes

I have a damn good Glock 21 and a Sig P229 40S&W. Beyond that I guess a good 1911. I really like the Walther PPQ and Glock 17. The Beretta M9 was used for many years and there are good revolvers if thats your thing that would work well.

1 Like
  1. CZ p09
  2. Canik tp9 sf laugh all you want, its a good freaking gun.
  3. Sig p320
  4. Glock 22
  5. S&W M&P 9

I’m looking forward to getting my hands on a p10c once I find one

1 Like