Top 5 Pistols to have in a gunfight, What do you think?

I would agree. I would say if someone loves the hi power, get one as a safe queen/range toy and a Arcus 94 to carry.

That is a valid reply and I agree completely with you, but it is a reply to a different thread.

So the BFR chambered in .45-70 isn’t enough for you? :wink:

To each their own. I love the look of the BFR mostly because it resembles more of an SAA style rather than a more modern S&W style.

to lyring:
Can’t help myself sometimes.
Lots of talk about buying stuff, and too little about how to use stuff.
I figure if I nag about it enough, at least some folks might get motivated.
And don’t even get me started about how people drive cars.

Can’t think of 5, so I’ll take my 45acp 1911, shitload of mags(and a few hand gernades):sunglasses:

The one you train with the most or shoot the best. Personaly it would be my 1911 because I shoot it every week rain or shine.

Why the hate on the 1911? It is the greatest fighting handgun ever devised since the old .45 Colt SA. You don’t need a 20 round magazine if you can’t shoot in the first place. It doesn’t matter how much lead you throw if you can’t hit anything. The 1911 is a grand weapon as long as you don’t try to turn it into a camel with every useless accessory available.

Glad to see another Old Conservative Fart! Personally, I think a rail does not belong on a 1911. The 1911 should be pure, clean and classic. At least esthetically.

For 45s I love the HK45 compact, my buddy has a demo gun with 75k rounds through it and it still functions like new.

You sir are goddamned right! And I also agree with the rest of your post as well. I make the same argument about carrying my Star BM with a co-worker who’s a typical Glock snob. Not a typical Glock owner, but one of those anti-steel frame snobs. In the end I left the conversation a winner with the statement of: shot placement > round count

@Minuteman
Oh yea, don’t to put a rail on a 1911… There are other great handguns with rails to choose from. Don’t ruin the classics. But I respect anyone who buys said railed up 1911 because they are still on our side.

Exactly. To each their own.

@g.willikers I know where you are coming from: I have seen a brand new Corvette get owned by a 80s Dodge Shadow (!) in a racetrack (lots of turns and one short straight. Vette became a lawnmower) because of the drivers’ skills. Someone said before racing (excluding drag racing) is 80% driver and 20% gear.

1.) Crap - I’m in a gunfight and I only have a pistol.
2.) 95% of the time the only pistol I have on me is my S&W M&P 9 Shield.
3.) Boy, I sure wish I had a shotgun with #4 Buckshot.
4.) At least I have a spare magazine with the maximum allowed 10 rounds.
5.) If I live through this I’m sure glad that 95% of the time I carried my Shield with MagGuts and a spare for 20 rounds total. And I hope Emperor Cuomo rots in hell for limiting me to 10 rounds in a magazine but the “bad guys” can use anything they like.

No .36 navy pistols? Didnt Bill Hickok use them in a few gunfights?