The New Year. So for 2020 I think these are some good ideas for all of us to start, continue and to work on.

1. Carry a gun. There is no such thing as a “safe” place anymore anywhere.
  2. Carry spare ammunition.
  3. Carry a second gun. Take a good look at ankle guns and holsters but carry a caliber that is as good as your primary.
  4. Carry a light.
  5. Carry a sharp edged something.
  6. Review, renew, refresh whatever your med skills and equipment.
  7. Practice shooting more moving targets.
  8. Practice shooting and moving.
  9. Down load and rest and reload your now resting ready magazines.
  10. Tell yourself often that what you shoot and even hit might not work and what will you do next?
  11. Fight with a rifle.
  12. Check in with your higher being of choice.
  13. Change the smoke detector battery. Now that you’re up there, change it anyways.
  14. Eat less and walk more.
  15. Don’t lift heavy shit.
  16. Look both ways.
  17. Don’t drink and drive.
  18. Stand up for something.
  19. Vote.
  20. Call your Mom.
11 Likes

My job doesn’t allow me to carry a gun and I travel all over the states. I hate it but got to put food on the table

6 Likes

What kind of job do you have that would tell you you can’t carry a firearm? Do you drive or fly?

5 Likes

I drive in a company vehicle and I work for the oil field

7 Likes

Are you talking about emptying your mags? If so, is ther a rule about how long (max) you should keep them loaded? And how long to let them rest? I am assuming this has to do with the springs?..

7 Likes

My job won’t let me carry in the building so I keep mine in the car and park of property. But everything on your list I already do it’s just how this hillbilly was raised.

7 Likes

I just couldn’t do that.
My job was working in courthouses across the state of Texas, some of which did not allow firearms. I carried everyday, regardless.

8 Likes

Paul Harrell for the win.

8 Likes

I approve of this list.

7 Likes

But you know I think @Detonics is right. There is no Place safe anymore. I always wonder when the next race riot will start, or earthquakes that knock out power, or the next crazy guy will show his face at a concert/theater, or if it will be some idiot that gets road rage.

You just never know

5 Likes

Well that all depends on the quality of the magazine. I have been testing mags for some answers myself, I have AR-15 mags loaded for 5 years now and when I fired 1 of them all 30 went bang and the bolt locked back. same with my 1911 mags, H&K, Beretta, Smith & Wesson , Steyr, Sig, and Detonics mags, my Glock however did not hold the slide open on the last round. But it still dumped the whole mag full.

6 Likes

Or even the crazy guy at work. Everyone knows that one crazy son of a gun at work that just might go over the edge.

6 Likes

I’m the only employee…guess I better be extra cautious of me!:upside_down_face: I’m armed

5 Likes

How did the magpull mags work

5 Likes

Do you own your own business

4 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t do #20

6 Likes

Prayer bud, prayer.

Not hugely religious but I don’t think they’re ever really gone

7 Likes

Not a fan of plastic AR mags, I had a Magpul mag explode on me one summer when it was just sitting on the tailgate of the truck, I heard a twang and ammo all over the place :rofl: :joy: Ever since then the only plastic mags I own are for the Steyr and they are bullet proof. The factory Glock mags are ok, I just prefer metal.

7 Likes

Not yet, I’m just the only employee/ manager. I boss myself around… the owner is good about guns, I recently got him addicted to them. In his mind, me and my German Shepherd at work are free security. (Cheap bastard won’t put my dog on the payroll though)

6 Likes

:cry: Sorry brother.

6 Likes