I’ve asked this before on one of the threads and it never got answered. If I am looking for metal AR15 mags, who sells the best ones? I keep reading recomendations about GI mags, but can’t ever find anything mentioning “GI” when I look to buy some. So who sells really good metal mags?

6 Likes

C products defense makes a good one.

6 Likes

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html#brand=AR

Had good luck with CDNN Sports and also Cheaper Than Dirt, As for the original GI mags, sometimes Cheaper Than Dirt has them or any gun show. The mags will look like they have been thru a war :rofl: faded, finish wear but still functioning great.

7 Likes

CTD is price gougers.

5 Likes

Best post of the day

6 Likes

GI mags are aluminum. These are some of the better mags. They are made by D&H with magpul enhanced followers.

Mr. Guns and Gear’s review of them:

7 Likes

I like the finish in those

6 Likes

Get some USGI mags, surplus or new doesn’t matter. Just make sure the follower isn’t all jacked up/worn out if you do go the used/surplus route.

Not in .450 BM though. Mine is hideously unreliable. No idea about their 5.56 mags though.

8 Likes

HK steel mags are overated garbage, imo. I paid $50 per mag for 3 of them. They are heavy and just not worth it, imo.

Ever considered Lancer Warfighter mags? They have steel feed lips with the rest polymer.

6 Likes

Only real shitty mags ive ran across were Troy Battle mags. The floor plates bust , I hsd two of mine bust and shoot rounds out. They may have improved though.

4 Likes

That’s weird, did it come apart at the seams?

5 Likes

I bought a bunch of Steyr 30 and 40 round mags a while back for the cheap. shoot I left in the package.

4 Likes

If these guys are having luck with these mags then they will most likely take most of the abuse I throw at them.

4 Likes

21 change the battery in my optic/s

6 Likes

Yes, still looking for all the ammo, it went every wear :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

Excellent

4 Likes

a lot of good deals that I can not partake in.

6 Likes

I have a shopping cart already full on that site, just waiting for payday. :rofl: But out of stock on the metal ones

6 Likes

One can never have enough magazines

6 Likes

They don’t ship to you or you aren’t allowed to order?

4 Likes