Travis AFB possible active shooter

One of my co-workers has a relative on base just texted telling him they have an active shooter situation going on right now. Currently locked down.

3 Likes

Now being reported as a “security incident” denying any shooting.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Excellent!
Best way for this to have worked out.
Wish they were all false alarms.

3 Likes

Does anybody else here have a problem understanding HOW an active shooter can survive more than 5 seconds on a base full of troops and armed guards? I know that through my own experience if you are on a military base and you are deemed a threat in any form you are apprehended on the spot and then if you are cleared OK, if not you headed for some serious jail time. Resist the guards and you are dead. Just REALLY curious as to what has changed since my time in the service.

2 Likes

it is simple - most of the guns are locked up and the ammo is stored on a whole different part of the base.
The only ones’s with guns would be the SP/MPs so not any different than an active shooter on the other side of the fence.

2 Likes

Hmm things have changed. The base I was in had 24/7 armed stationary guard and roaming patrols of armed guards, and I don’t mean side arms either. If you were on that base your name had better have been in the log book or you might just end getting buried there.

2 Likes

Yeah, my buddy said the only ones on base with guns are the MPs.
They had his relative “guarding” a door to one of the buildings…with no weapon.
Military Intelligence.

1 Like