True or false

A straw purchase is when someone purchased a firearm or ammo for someone else whether they are a prohibited person or not.

• True
  • False

0 voters

5 Likes

Never heard the term refer to ammo only firearms.
But then We dont live in commiefornia

7 Likes

I figured it meant you are buying an agriculture product for something other than consumption. Like a place for horses to take a dump when in a stall.

5 Likes

Don’t take none of this as legal advice cause it ain’t! Anyway, here’s a link to the “Straw Man Purchase” statute:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/922

And here’s an interesting US Supreme Court case:

After reading all that, “you be the judge,” as Paul Harrell would say!

7 Likes

I know there are many illegal laws regarding firearms. However, I do not go out of my way to break any.

6 Likes

A local FFL dealer that I have done quite a few transfers through said if you buy 5 or more guns in a 30 day period the local LE is also notified per ATF law, never heard of that ? dealer told me to just buy so I never do that many transfers in a month…

8 Likes

I heard the same but that it was for those purchases made in border states like Texas. But maybe it’s nationwide?

6 Likes

Not sure if this is it but found something similar:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/fact-sheet/fact-sheet-multiple-firearms-sales

6 Likes

I definitely did that at least twice…oh well…I could swear dealer told me 5, but now I know…

7 Likes

You know when you think about this for a second, it is REALLY STUPID! If you have two hands and two guns what difference does it make if you have fifty guns at home? You can still only shoot two at a time at best!.Oh and lets not even go to the “it’s quicker to drop an empty and grab a loaded one” because it is not. When I practiced rapid reloads on a pistol I could drop and swap a mag a truckload faster than I could dig out another weapon and get back on the sight picture with it.

DSA/dnc IS the greatest enemy of the USA in the world. Want proof, just turn your TV on.

8 Likes

9 Likes

God I loved that movie

6 Likes

Great movie.
The cat scene still makes me LMAO out loud.

5 Likes

“Is it dead” my wife cracks up every time he says that. I have that blu ray in the machine in my bedroom right now, have to watch it a least once a month.

5 Likes

@Quick_Draw_Mcgraw

That definition would probably be true in Illinois where you have to have, and show, your FOID (Firearm Owner ID) card to buy a gun or ammo.

4 Likes

@Tactical_Reviews

Ok, so after all is said and done, what is the correct answer?

I got the impression that it included both firearms and ammo from the linked reading, but I have never seen a dealer (outside of Illinois), care about the ammo in this regard.

5 Likes

just can’t pull it off, never mind

4 Likes

The ATF defines a straw purchase as “Buying a gun for someone who is prohibited by law from possessing one or for someone who does not want his or her name associated with the transaction is a “straw purchase.”

7 Likes

But NOT on MLK Blvd.
Cash is king.
d-rats refuse to address THAT truth.

7 Likes

That’s a big “or” as I don’t want my name associated with my own purchases :thinking:

6 Likes