Trump Says He’s ‘Seriously’ Looking at Banning Gun Silencers

There seems to be a lawsuit in the Supreme Court for the restriction of suppressors in Kansas, with the GOA doing the challenge to NFA. This may also seem as a fruitless gesture, but the only avenue to the 2A as is, that represents why we few are at this website. The basic foundation of the conservative politics is less government is needed while liberal is for more intrusion into our basic freedom.
Neither party is really innocent, but I will stay with the less governed group.

See addendum below, please

7 Likes

Did the Supreme Court agree to hear the case? I thought they were making that decision today. If they hear it, and rule in our favor that would be incredible. I’m not gonna hold my breath though

6 Likes

Precisely

2 Likes

We are turning into a commie wasteland, all your AKs will feel right at home soon.

3 Likes

Im sick of voting for the lesser of two “weevils.” I’ve done it so the more evil weevil didn’t screw us over. But if we’re gonna get screwed over by either weevil… what’s the point? I’ll vote 3rd party as a matter of principle.

^ This is completely true. And planning accordingly.

3 Likes

You are right about SCOTUS deciding if it to be heard, I misused the tense. I too will not hold my breath while waiting. I understand they are suing that the NFA is not in line with 2A. Could be very interesting.

I am not referring to Trumps statement, but the guy in Kansas that bought a suppressor that was made in Kansas, Kansas state law said citizens of Kansas had the freedom to buy with no paper as long as made in state. The ATF had an apopaleptic seizure and said it was also tax problem for the class III stamp. So GOA and the guy are suing ATF et al for relief under 2A, says NFA does not have standing with 2A. ??? we’ll see

2 Likes

Getting the lesser of two evils means we are always losing ground. It means we’re headed to the same destination, just one is slower than the other.

5 Likes

Precisely. Mentioned the same thing. I just don’t know how we can wake up 60%+ of America to vote 3rd party quick enough to make a difference in my lifetime. I just don’t know how that happens and I want to be able to enjoy our rights and freedoms otherwise life is a waste.

Also, as long as the POTUS illegally writes their own laws under “executive order” it doesn’t matter what talking head / puppet is running things from either party. Make no mistake gun bans and confiscation will happen upon the next democrat elected. Kamala Harris already said she’d do it herself. It’s a startling reality we need to prepare for. Trump may very well do it with suppressors.

4 Likes

So, I wonder how well it’s going to go over when .gov says turn in your expensive silencers/suppressors/mufflers etc. and just like the bumpstock ban, we are paying you nothing for them. And of course this time they have a list…

7 Likes

I think in this situation we will see how much of a backbone the American people have. If it is even fractionally successful and they confiscate some this opens the door to firearm registration and confiscation.

9 Likes

There’s no better way to test confiscation than with something “no one needs anyway.”

7 Likes

Yes, and “not protected by the second amendment”.

6 Likes

Indeed.

3 Likes

Well the scum bags who vote democrap out breed us, by far.

The anti USA demonrat agenda will take over.
Again… Plan accordingly.
I know a few who won’t be going quietly.

6 Likes

The US Supreme Court really needs to hear the suppressor case.

The DOJ’s argument is that suppressors are not protected by the second amendment, because they are not firearms. They are ignoring the fact that current federal law states quite clearly that a suppressor is a firearm. A high school debate team could destroy the DOJ’s position, without breaking a sweat.

It’s sad, but the Courts are now our best option for turning things around at the federal level, and in some states.

5 Likes

Problem is, the definition of what a “firearm” is or is not, tends to become very fluid depending on what branch of the .gov is determining it. Kind of like what a bumpstock is or is not.
Seems that re-classification of “firearm” is as easy as redefining American history these days.

5 Likes

I don’t really care if my vote for a libertarian gets a democrat elected. I won’t vote for someone who will limit my rights. May as well vote for a democrat so they can just get to business and come try and take my guns. Done with this crap.

3 Likes

I am going to go post this in another forum to piss off some democrats.

2 Likes

Also, there is good news from New Zealand. The Kiwi parlaiment required assault-type rifles be turned in after the shoot-out against the islamitics. 1.5 million were registered previously but so far only 500-+ a few. Government is really upset with those number. Austrailia, big gun confiscators, last week had a mass shooting, guy had shotgun. So, we need to inquire more about legal and political standing as individuals, with their “back up”

3 Likes

This is the best post I’ve read in days

3 Likes