Trying Out The Hawke Optics Vantage 30WA 1-4x24 LPVO

Was anyone else here running a LPVO before they were actually called LPVO? It is funny how the popularity of these optics has seemingly jumped in recent years. I content it is particually due to the “rebranding” if you will of this type of scope. Anyway, needed an optic to play around with the new Bersa BAR15, own a few things from Hawke already (couple even used in competition) so figured why not give it a try.

5 Likes

Isn’t M855 ammo the stuff that has the steel inserts in the bullets?
If it does it’s not a good idea to shoot steel with it.
Not a bad looking little scope.

6 Likes

You no like sparks?

5 Likes

No like holes in high dollar steel plates!

5 Likes

Holes in steel not good. Dents in steel not good.

5 Likes

yeah, it is but it was what happened to be laying around to use and the steel i have is pretty high quality. at 50 yards, did no significant damage, so all good

5 Likes

and neither happened :joy::rofl:

5 Likes

my plates are freaking amazing, no damage done, all good

4 Likes

sparks?

4 Likes

Yeah, if you shoot steel core ammo on steel you get a good show of spark, almost makes the cost worth while too :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

oh, yeah, no, there were no sparks, not that i seen anyway. i don’t use cheapo wal mart, mass produced steel though. the stuff i have used from high caliber targets for years now is not a normal ar500 grade of steel, the rating is closer to ar600 or even more. my wife once shot one of these at like 25 yards with the same ammo and while it did create bit of a crater, it did not pentrate. turn the target around and it is like it never happened. :rofl::joy:

6 Likes