Turkey season anybody ?

Been seeing a few good ones about . Seen this one the other day at work .
All by his lonesome probably looking for some good turkey stuffing .

7 Likes

We have a flock running around the back of the farm I might shoot one this year.
Been leaving them alone for a few years.

6 Likes

Coyotes devastated ours.

6 Likes

Nature balance is a crazy thing

5 Likes

Well at first the coyotes seemed to but we have a year round season basically on coyotes and people shoot em trap em etc. And the super rugged terrain has helped them to survive.
Bobcats seem to be harder on turkeys in some areas more so than coyotes

5 Likes

Not really nature balance. That implies equilibrium. Man is the thumb on the scale. Nature is out of whack and Coyotes are needin a lil’ balancing…

6 Likes

Part of my comment was based on your statement, a couple years back I was on the west side of MI, heavier on Yotes and lighter on Gobblers

Now I’m in central MI, its the opposite, I was told they’re was a effort put forth a few years back to reduce the Yotes, so when I see the flocks of Gobblers that we have I have to agree with your call on why the numbers :+1:

5 Likes

Coons rob the eggs out of the nests too.

6 Likes

Yeah not a fan of Trash Pandas, Foxes or Bobcats either. Mt. Lions are a growing problem in Wyoming now too. Unfortunately the F&G is not the agency it once was. The same thinking that let Yellowstone burn is infiltrating it.

6 Likes

That it seems to be a real problem spreading like peanut butter across this country . It is a total crap show in most big agencies

5 Likes

I’d love to go Lion (Cougar) hunting

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Didn’t sound so good when you were younger though did it, put a few years on and you appreciate a cougar hunt, hell, might come a time when them ole mountain lions …

well, maybe not :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Lol

Well those ol’ Mt. Lion hints with dogs . Watch several on film and they run them up a tree and of course the cat is judged for wether or not it should be taken a very large older Female out of her prime, or a young breeding female .
Or a large male etc…I like good animal management.

It was sorta like what I do when I go doe hunting.
If I see a doe with young just born in June. I let her and the young ones go.
I only shoot older line females . I can the meat now so the 90min. At 15ibs. Will tenderize any meat.

5 Likes

We aint discussin the same huntin at all :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No matter my license was suspended by my :bride_with_veil:

6 Likes

Those kinda “cougars” make a guy end up in a world of hurt. :yep: :joy:

5 Likes