United Defense Thread Adapter for 22 Colt Rail Gun

Yeah, simple to install but figured I would drop a video. Why not, more love to Walther and there could always be someone out there confused or not quite understanding what is involved to install this thing.

3 Likes

Nice video. I’ve started putting a small dab of locktite on all my adapters. After shooting a bit with some cans I’ve had them unthread with the can more times then I care for. Made the gun look much cooler!!

2 Likes

hey, thanks Chris. some light thread blocker, maybe fingernail polish is not a bad idea and i certainly would not argue against it if it makes one feel better but personally, i have never had a problem and have owned/used cans for several decades… that said, i am “that guy” who seems to never experience even the most common issues with things.#lucky

2 Likes

Lol yes you are very blessed. I have a few cans that are notorious for doing it. Others I’ve never had a moments problem. Are you going to put a lot of rounds down range with a can on it now?

2 Likes

not sure yet, definitely gotta get a few thousand rounds through it in the next couple of months, probably only do a small percentage of that through a can. guess i am lucky with the cans i have, couple of Gemtech and the rest are all Form 1 stuff. I do occasionally get the play with a few different ones for T&E but don’t have them long. i "could’ keep those but the $200 and long wait just doesn’t really make it worth it.

2 Likes

Just buy one a month then when stamps start rolling in it’s like Christmas every month lol I just grabbed the Taurus tx22 and have shot it strictly suppressed. So far I’m loving it. I need a few more host so your reviews on this one in particular have peeked my interest.

2 Likes

sadly, i am “retired” and do social media, influencing, podcasts, whatever you call it pretty much full time now. what little money i make goes toward that sort of stuff, nothing more and while it would be cool to stack up cans and stamps (especially since there is no cost in the can), i just can’t justify the $200 a month to do it… maybe one day.

this little pistol has impressed me. i have extensively played with the GSG model (basically same company, not sure what the difference is), Chiappa and the Sig. Those all SUCKED, they were VERY picky on ammo, the finish was terrible, just bad experiences all the way around. that is one of the reasons i chose this one when Walther asked what i wanted for my next project. so far, i am impressed. i will have a video drop soon where i tested some match ammo, which is lower velocity stuff and it all cycled fine and locked the slide… that NEVER happened with those others.

now, walther claims that this one has a different chambering. supposedly the chamber re design that was used to fix some issues with early model P22 pistols was used on the later models of these as well… in essence making them much more hospitable to various types of ammo.

hey BTW, do you run the Suppressed Nation IG? Always cool stuff posted over there.

2 Likes

Ah I got you. The extra 200 does suck and really has stopped a lot of new people from buying especially once they find out is a year or more wait to get your property you paid for up front! Yes I run the Instagram and Facebook. I do a lot of the responding on YouTube along with Joey . Joey runs our twitter and reddit.

2 Likes

the wait isn’t a big issue. i am listed under a buddies FFL, so i can pick them up and play with them whenever i want, mostly the money

2 Likes