Urban Survival? Is it even possible? - A Readyman must watch

8 Likes

Ever read James Wesley Rawles survival books?
Book 3 tell the tale of a couple trying to leave Chicago and go to Idaho.
Ut took several years to make the trip on foot. They lost all their gear before they left the big city.

6 Likes

People also seem to get this idea to run for the hills… where millions of other panicking people will be and where exposure will be a real danger.

6 Likes

With any luck when it happens it’ll be in the winter and they’ll freeze to death before making it to us. Most folks have no clue how to survive the elements. Watch out after the spring thaw comes- Flies and disease!

100-300 miles from the city? What makes them think they’ll make it? You have a working car and gas? I want it! yeah, 100-300 miles of that. Then there are the rural folks who know to block the chokepoints and let no one pass. One gent on this forum stated that he’d eat “long pork”. That vehicle full of meat meets the wrong person and they’re just food.

One would need to leave immediately IMO. I’d wager lots of folks in the city don’t have a 6 day supply of food.

6 Likes

Yep on our road there are 2 small bridges and the road is only 1 1/2 lanes wide. Easy to block off and then you walk to get around the blockade, cross the creeks and climb the gully. The sheriff lives about 1 1/2 miles away too. I can push up berms w/the bulldozer where needed or dig a hole your not driving through.

4 Likes

I have no audio on the above link and the video doesn’t show on the readyman list on full30.

3 Likes

That will all be solved soon, for now try this direct link

I see the video if you select videos rather than home, did you try that?

3 Likes

I’m happy that urban survival is way down the list of worries for me, can’t imagine how I would behave there in the shit.

5 Likes

That link worked. I went to full30 and searched readyman. That’s where I didn’t see that video.

4 Likes

Human overpopulation is the main problem with surviving an apocalypse. No other animal in the history of the planet has ever been as overpopulated as humans. Our technology is the only reason we can feed all the people. If it wasn’t for transportation most humans would die. This was touched upon in the video. Without transportation we’d have to grow our own food at our homes. This is why everyone in cities would die.
Farms need artificial irrigation to produce the crops. Even in the midwest they’d get extremely low yield without irrigation. So even in Iowa and Nebraska most people would die. Here in the arid southwest it would be much worse.
Without transportation billions would die world wide, most of the human population.

5 Likes

Think that’s been solved recently :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Yes, the world has 2 main problems. Overpopulation and COVID. It’s looking like they may solve each other.

4 Likes

I think a very rich person(s) could live long term in a city after collapse, BUT that would rely on several years of the right prepping.

4 Likes

Economist I’ve listened to have predicted it will be money, not food that’s scarce, so you may be correct

2 Likes

Money won’t be the issue in a total collapse. All money will become worthless. Precious metals, including copper, brass (shells), lead and steel in the form of tools will be the money. Food, seed, and other consumables will be what is in dire short supply in very a short time.

In Germany after the WWll my wife’s family’s survivors moved to the countryside and kept chickens, rabbits and cows on the 1st floor, while they lived on the 2nd floor. They traded virtually everything away, the children all were malnourished. Those children even when much older all kept chickens, rabbit’s and vegetable gardens until they physically couldn’t.

5 Likes

Number two will take care of number one.

Without medical care and supplies most will die within months, in the winter even shorter.

2 Likes

only if you include global warming…
doubt covid has even made a dent into over all morbidity, if you haven’t been paying attention - covid has even cured cancer and heart disease (since no one is dying from those ailments anymore).

4 Likes

So far death rates from all causes combined in all US states has risen overall on a 3 month moving average compared to before this BS started. The total deaths is the number that matters because they lie about cause of death.

The ‘pandemic’ is ending. The death rate will not drop for a longer time if the Vaxs are still killing folks into the future, which I suspect will happen. I will bet that it will be denied as the cause, and that it will be blamed on anything else.

The lies and the plandemic will continue until it is forcibly stopped. The nonsensical falsehoods from the current attacks on the Great Barrington Declaration Drs shows the coup will not be taken down easily or quickly.

4 Likes

total?

total would mean no government, do you foresee a plandemic ending without order?

I’m in a rural area, met with a Trooper a couple days back, he said they are not arresting people and felony crimes are up 1000%

So, if we have pulled out the stops for a societal collapse but Troopers remain on duty that indicates to me the system, and money, will still be in play

I don’t get what you’re saying, if the vax kills, the virus will be sold as the cause, it won’t end, it will gain momentum, another Trooper I dealt with recently, linebacker size, huge guy, just spent two months with lung clots, if our protectors who were vaxxed are down and out, think who will replace them

4 Likes

When money is worthless, you don’t have it, or may not use it, barter becomes the lubricity of commerce as it always has.

5 Likes