Urban Survival? Is it even possible? - A Readyman must watch

Who needs money, we have ammo

5 Likes

Interesting how thisbhas aged

So as we are nearing the famine stage of this fiasco

Hahhhahhahaaa
Ol Brandon wants more money for the next pandemic and it looks like it is up in the air on any gun bans.
I am assuming something will be passed
 just in time to run out if food. Or clean water.
Anyone paying attention to the water supplies? I am

5 Likes

Have you paid attention world wide?

Its not new, and its not to be taken lightly either, lives are lost, wars are fought, I chose the Great Lakes region both knowing its value and that it may well become a target too
 but water is to precious to not make a priority

5 Likes

We have 5 ponds and,2 springs and a well of the lower a bucket down type.

6 Likes

I feel sorry for people living in areas where they have to rely on public water. Scary

6 Likes

Makes you a wealthy man in my book :+1:

Yep, think of any Red Cross/FEMA emergency you’ve seen, truck loads of bottled water are almost always first on seen, imagine if they weren’t

6 Likes

An aquafer runs under our property. Water level is high even in the summer.

6 Likes

Talk about water rights. We humans take the waters from rivers to irrigate farmland. This is worse in the arid southwest. For example we take ALL the water out of the Colorado River, much of it in the US then the Mexicans take the rest.
Look at this picture of the Mexican boarder. ALL of the Colorado river is diverted into a huge irrigation canal.

It may look like a little water is not diverted by the dam but it’s so little that it seeps into the desert sand. Here’s another picture downstream, zoomed in to show that there is no longer any water in the Colorado River.

7 Likes

Yep
 insanity in my book

6 Likes

Now might be a good time to get some calcium hypochlorite on hand just in case it’s needed for water purification. Ebay is your friend here, good prices, much better than a pool supplier and no need to buy 50#. “They” say that I won’t kill giardia and such, but I always thought bleach would. Basically it’s dry bleach and very strong. For instance 1/4 tsp of 68% purity will make a 55 gal drum of water safe. A pound will do thousands of gallons of water and has a shelf life of 10 years. Bleach is “flat” in 6 months.

8 Likes

Careful, that talk can net you on the list

https://jimhumble.org/faq/what-is-mms2

4 Likes

The law of unintended consequences? Or is it and fluoride’s side effects intentional? :thinking:

4 Likes

I’m not sure it’s worth worrying about. Water purification tablets are also toxic, but kept to levels that won’t harm us. Some posters on our forums suggested added tiny amounts of bleach to keep water drinkable for extended periods.

The poison is in the dose.

4 Likes

Yeah I am not into poison.

We use this stuff

5 Likes

Yes, and there are two popular types, sodium

and calcium
https://mericonindustries.com/calcium-fluoride/

Once you know the difference you’ll be surprised at who does not, and the people pushing it as harmless, or, good for you, get it wrong every time

5 Likes

I use mechanical filtration for my water and have for years.
MSR makes good ones that last thousands of gallons if you are basically pumping “clean” water.
Advantage I have though of where I live
 despite only having 16 inchs of rain at the house, I drive 8 miles and it is 32 inches. We have a river 5 miles away and a major creek 700 yards from my house.
Im nor tooooooooo worried about staying warm during the winter, or dry for that matter. What I worry about is food and people.
No, not people food 
 though I keep my eye on a few candidates for long pig BBQ
 :pig2: :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

They knew Sodium fluoride was bad for humans in the 1920s when it was a byproduct of making aluminum foil.
Hitler used it on the 30s and 40s to keep the German population docile.

Read ANY toothpaste tube that has it in it. Class A poison, if swallow do not induce vomiting, take to doctor.

Yet millions of sheeple stick in their months every morning.

8 Likes

and swallow!

6 Likes

You can buy floride free toothpaste and I use it!!

6 Likes

Same here. Desperation and hunger can convert a good person into a bad person very quickly. Just look at how people behaved during the toilet paper shortage. Now imagine if the food shelves were bare like the TP shelves.

6 Likes