US Code & world communism

Spend some time on and off reading this, more on lately

Searching communist a lot came up, this definition stood out in a peculiar way, to me, any of you?

(40) The term “world communism” means a revolutionary movement, the purpose of which is to establish eventually a Communist totalitarian dictatorship in any or all the countries of the world through the medium of an internationally coordinated Communist political movement.

Another that stood out, again to me, was exceptions to the

Prohibition on Procurements From Chinese Military Companies

"(2) Exceptions.-Goods and services described in this subsection do not include goods or services procured-

"(A) in connection with a visit by a vessel or an aircraft of the United States Armed Forces to the People’s Republic of China;

"(B) for testing purposes; or

"(C) for purposes of gathering intelligence.

Can B&C really be limited?
and A, what limits a visit?

8 USC 1101: Definitions
Text contains those laws in effect on February 8, 2024

(13)(A) The terms “admission” and “admitted” mean, with respect to an alien, the lawful entry of the alien into the United States after inspection and authorization by an immigration officer.

(C) An alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the United States shall not be regarded as seeking an admission into the United States for purposes of the immigration laws unless the alien—
(vi) is attempting to enter at a time or place other than as designated by immigration officers or has not been admitted to the United States after inspection and authorization by an immigration officer.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking::thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

(18) The term “immigration officer” means any employee or class of employees of the Service or of the United States designated by the Attorney General, individually or by regulation, to perform the functions of an immigration officer specified by this chapter or any section of this title.

What’s not quite clear to me is if a border patrol agent can act for an immigration officer

But, CFR paints a picture (not US code)

8 CFR § 287.5 - Exercise of power by immigration officers.

(b) Power and authority to patrol the border. The following immigration officers who have successfully completed basic immigration law enforcement training are hereby authorized and designated to exercise the power to patrol the border conferred by section 287(a)(3) of the Act:

(1) Border patrol agents;

Ex. Ord. No. 13993. Revision of Civil Immigration Enforcement Policies and Priorities

Ex. Ord. No. 13993, Jan. 20, 2021, 86 F.R. 7051, provided:

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Policy. Immigrants have helped strengthen America’s families, communities, businesses and workforce, and economy, infusing the United States with creativity, energy, and ingenuity. The task of enforcing the immigration laws is complex and requires setting priorities to best serve the national interest. The policy of my Administration is to protect national and border security, address the humanitarian challenges at the southern border, and ensure public health and safety. We must also adhere to due process of law as we safeguard the dignity and well-being of all families and communities. My Administration will reset the policies and practices for enforcing civil immigration laws to align enforcement with these values and priorities.

Sec. 2. Revocation. Executive Order 13768 of January 25, 2017 (Enhancing Public Safety in the Interior of the United States) [formerly set out above], is hereby revoked. The Secretary of State, the Attorney General, the Secretary of Homeland Security, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, and the heads of any other relevant executive departments and agencies (agencies) shall review any agency actions developed pursuant to Executive Order 13768 and take action, including issuing revised guidance, as appropriate and consistent with applicable law, that advances the policy set forth in section 1 of this order.

I don’t think the difference between section 1 and section are abstruse

I tried to search the UN database for definitions , first communism then communist, didn’t find much … :face_with_spiral_eyes:

3 Likes

Not surprised, wouldn’t expect them to be that self aware. They say truly knowing yourself is so hard few entities bother.

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting choice of words, which is what I thought when I read

As it sounded more like an an endorsement, and this one blew past that one

1 Like

Communism is a cancer on the world. Small men taking over with the promise of equality.
Has not worked in over 100 years. Some of the worse places in the world are Communist. Why do you think they all want to come here.

" You may not be able to find a party in Moscow, BUT the PARTY can always find YOU"
Yakoff Smirnoff, Russian Defector

3 Likes

Immigrants, not invaders. Just saying…

3 Likes

LEGAL immigrants NOT invaders.
My wife waited over two years to get in.

2 Likes