US Elite Special Forces: Who is the Best of the Best?

3 Likes

Delta. They’re true professionals.

The SEALS are also great men, just with different tasking. Much respect for them, they’re hard men.

Army SF is too concerned with being cool. When they get tired of being cool, they try out for Delta.

I’d put any regular Marine rifle company against a Ranger company any day of the week.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy:

I find the Seals and SF to be exactly the opposite of you.

As far as who is best? They all are, at what they are actually trained to do. When they are asked to do something outside of their spec, they generally get fucked… Different tools for different jobs. You don’t send the Rangers to a crayon eating competition when that is clearly the job of the Marine Corps. :partying_face:

2 Likes

There seems to be holdover loyalty to the service one served with. I would not cast aspersions at any of the groups mentioned in the video. I am sincerely allergic to pain, especially from any of these guys. I am proud to say we have all these guys on our side.

They all deserve honor.

5 Likes

ranger

1 Like

I was a Marine and a Soldier, though not a Ranger. I was a “Rakkasan”. I think the Ranger’s disdain for Marines, at the least, demonstrates how tight the competition actually is. If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t feel so threatened. I wasn’t too impressed, personally. I saw the Rangers and said, they’re basically glorified Marines.

1 Like

For sure not threatened! My comments are meant to be more a ribbing, like calling a long time buddy an asshole. I trained with Marines a few times in Lejeune, some of the best I ever trained with, there was no disdain when I was in, it was nothing but respect and some good natured shit slinging, but then I wouldn’t expect a Leatherneck to have that level of understanding :rofl:, sorry couldn’t help myself. The missions of these groups are so varied it is hard to make a comparison, they all have a specialty and now more than ever are all part of one well coordinated fighting force. Semper Fi Marine, RLTW!

4 Likes

Delta top by a long margin- because if they do their job right you’ll never know about it. Hell a lot of Americans don’t even know they exist.

Seals who even hear about a successful mission will take full credit for it, down Play anyone else, then they will never shut up about it, they’ll be books, T-shirt’s, mugs. If a mission goes completely tits up they will make themselves out to be Spartans then start the above cycle.

If you cross paths with Delta, even in the service, you probably won’t even know it. If you cross paths with a Seal they won’t let you not recognize that they are a Seal, or how awesome they are. They probably have a trident or stupid frog skeleton on everything they own from underwear to their lawnmower.

5 Likes

This video pretty much sums it up (half way in they compare different versions of operator work outs)

2 Likes

sent to me by a retired Marine Gunny that I did an exchange tour with 2bn Marine Recon Force Marines (he was an fresh E5 at the time which was my equivalent rank also) and his thoughts on Navy and Seals…

I read that Delta are the most well-trained soldiers ever. Just like @AgentVenom said, they are so skilled you won’t even know you passed next to them. But even though nobody is mentioning the Marines I believe they have a place in this race because starting something is the hardest and after the Army the next level is Marines. They are not the best of the best but still I respect them and there’s some related info I found about what they do and to whom they answer.

3 Likes

The best at what? It isn’t like I am qualified to judge them.

From being around many in contracting, being a Ranger “sucked” the most. From their training and testimony of missions. This is in no way an answer with authority.

2 Likes