Useful once again

America is a funny place. There are all kinds of claims that this is the land of innovation and ingenuity. Recently however, the only innovation to be found is in the forcing of the populace to participate in their own demise. The only ingenuity in cooking up the ways to get er done.
In a small effort to buck this trend, i would remind the reader that during times of persistent ammunition scarcity, a good sixgun will provide for longest running time on the brass. Those who construct their own cartridges understand what this means.
Even a bad example of a sixgun won’t try to kick field goals with your brass.
In light of where the haters of America, most of whom are from here, most obviously want to take us on a journey to discover. I would point out that a fine sixgun is the best platform for the use of that irreplaceable ammunition.

11 Likes

Who needs brass anyway.

9 Likes

Need to add one to my tackle box

9 Likes

Now Robert, we all know that a sixgun or BP gun is just too primitive for your taste.
With all those high tech weaponry you own they would be a bore to even hold in the hand.

The US armed forces would be proud to own what you have.

Besides with this threads headline, Am i the only one that thought it was gonna be about @JF89 finally getting a job?

9 Likes

Had bought one many years ago and probably ran six rounds through it before giving up, yep, too slow

These days I suspect I’d enjoy it more, likely could buy a sailboat now too :grampa:

8 Likes

Yep those sink in accidents too. Ask me how I know…

7 Likes

I spent a few years that all we shot was skeet or black powder rifles . I still own four and would not be suprized if I end up with a revolver.

8 Likes

They ain’t gettin no cheaper, find a good deal on the net. good thing about black powder guns is they will ship them to your door. no FFL needed.

7 Likes

I’ve heard told that they would use black powder and a match head in the primer pocket to reload metallic revolver cartridges when money was scarce, don’t remember if that was my dad or someone else told me.

5 Likes

Al,
There are all kinds of stories.

6 Likes

Those matches are illegal now I believe…

6 Likes

OR

5 Likes