USPSA Match May 1st

I’ll be shooting this USPSA match May 1st
Match registration opens April 25th. @Festus

10 Likes

Now everybody knows when to hit your teepee…

10 Likes

Sounds like fun and good time’s.

10 Likes

I will try to sign up on the 25th, is there a way to get in the same group? I’m guessing just by signing up close together.

7 Likes

I don’t know how much control the match planners have on the Practiscore software, but every time I’ve signed up there is a way to put yourself into a certain squad as long as there is space left to do so. The way that works out for me if I know someone wants to squad with me or me them is I always choose a squad lower in the list to allow that to happen. The first squad generally fills up first. Of course you 2 need to be on the same page to allow the 2nd to sign up know where you’re squaded.

6 Likes

I’m registered in squad 1 after you sign up scroll down and choose your squad.

5 Likes

Thank you, I’ll do that now

5 Likes

I am also in squad 1 !

5 Likes

it has been now 2 months, how was the outcome?
@Festus: @MAC82

4 Likes

I was 39 out of 52 the first time out and 38th the second with less shooters the second but I tried to go a little too fast the second one. MAC was way higher. I have only been able to practice my grip a few times since but I if I can keep the accuracy from the first with the speed of the second I hope to move up a couple more spots. Honestly the first time out I was just hoping to not be last. Lol Never having done any shooting competition before I can live with my placement.

6 Likes

And you didn’t DQ! Just get through the first few by concentrating on the basics. Speed will come later, or in my case maybe never. My shooting is fast and accurate , but I walk through the stages and I’m lucky to do that. At least I still compete.

If you have basics down you’ll get there Festus.

We do what we can. I’m happy if I can place in the top 1/3 in USPSA, Steel challenge is altogether different where I generally place in the top 3. (no movement, or very little)

I know I’m doing good when our Master class shooter comes over to tell me that, “You can beat me today if you just play your game.”. He has to eff with my mind game! :yep: :laughing: But that’s OK. The mind game is part of it.

6 Likes

If I can get into the top half I’ll feel pretty good about it

6 Likes

If you have the basics the rest is just movement and the mind game. Don’t sell yourself short, you can probably do much better than you think. It doesn’t take much dry fire practice at home to get really good. Cutting time on the draw is pretty easy to do and even I can practice that. (Except I shoot PCC, but still, we need to raise the gun, shoulder it, and aim. And I don’t know how I can do that any faster. I’m down to 1.2 seconds with an A zone hit and a 3.x hit factor for just that 1 shot stage. I’m betting the HF curve is pretty steep.)

My point is that there are things that can be practiced at home using dry fire that costs nothing and will pay off in time saved = points. You can do it Festus.

6 Likes

I’ll be walking the stages today

6 Likes

Yeah it sux to get older. Maybe alzheimers is a gift; one “gift” that I don’t have. The problem is memory, I can remember what I was able to do years ago and no longer can.

In 2 weeks there is a benefit and state championship match. But I won’t be shooting it and if I volunteer to help staff it it will only be for 1/2 a day. I just don’t have the stamina to shoot 8 stages or work longer than that under the hot sun (assuming that’s the weather). The last time I shot this match my car woke me up with it’s alarm going nuts and trying to get my hands to steer back into lane. I had fallen asleep in exhaustion. I don’t think I would enjoy the experience of hitting a tree at 80mph. So I limit what I do to what I know I can do and give thanks for shorter local matches so that I can continue to shoot.

4 Likes

I got a driver today. The wife wanted to go t
Costco so she dropped me off

4 Likes