Value Optics

Love it. Fantastic value. Worked great and held zero on my AR and absolutely is stellar on my PS90 where it’s staying.

5 Likes

Its ok at $100 its a good deal. The Sig Romeo 5 at $120 is a far better deal, imo. The Sig has a 50k battery life, motion detection, better finish, brighter ,crisper dot and has better glass.

5 Likes

Dude!!! The TRS-25 is $50 or less!! I also want to add the glass is pretty damn good and I don’t have any issues with the dot not being pretty crisp. Is the Sig better, yes. $70+ more better? Not in my opinion. I’ll probably get another one for my 9mm PCC bullpup.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00200E0HM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_9sVSBbRJE6KD7

4 Likes

It is worth it to me. 50k vs 1k battery life, motion detection, brighter dot, better glass and nicer finish plus its lighter. Ive owned the Sig and oewn the Bushnelle, the Tr25 is perfectly fine but the Sig beats in every department minus price. To each his own.

5 Likes

It’s hard to beat quality glass. I have one scope that’s $1600, I also have another optic that’s $40. I would never put a $1600 scope on a .223, and I would never put a $40 scope on a .50bmg.

Optics have gotten to the point where even the cheap stuff is pretty good. It comes down to what can a person justify spending? IMO, I’m more interested in what is junk. A lot of the walmart stuff is junk if you put it on anything over a .22lr.

3 Likes

That was what I was also getting at. :+1:

3 Likes

I can see putting a $1600 scope on an AR15 if you are a serious hunter or competitive shooter. I see plenty of the 3 gun guys running U.S. optics scopes and stuff like that. I was reading an article on SPRs (long range AR15s) in the military hitting targets out to 800+ yards and still having ballistics comparable to a .22 mag.

4 Likes

Im happy with my vortex sparc 2 but they seem to have went up a bit in price.

6 Likes

my opinion you get what you pay for! Some of the cheap lines of Optics may be good enough for range planking but you sure as hell do not want to have your life depending upon them. I’ve had some sightmark products & other low end products on a couple range toys, worked okay, but distorted glass, lower light gathering, and not always using quality materials. things break easier and just don’t seem to hold up. mid-range Brands, Nikon, bushnell, vortex etc tend to be more rugged, clear & bright glass, better construction, dependable, better value, more than affordable and will definitely get the job done well. anyone that is spent a whole day looking through the scope shooting or through binoculars or a spotting scope, notices the difference between a shity optic in a quality optic. Poor quality optics will cause severe eye strain, headaches, mess with your vision. Mid-range to high-end Optics will save your eyes throughout the day and are well worth the investment. I always optedfor mid-range to high end on all my weapons & binoculars and spotting scopes. I wanted the brightest and clearest in easiest on my eyes that I could get.

7 Likes

I posted videos of torture tests from legit guys like Rob Ski .the Sig or Primary arms will work for HD, competitve shooting etc. For hard use, duty type chit the Trijicon MRO can be found for $350 and is as good as any Aimpoint. Then theres DI optics , they are cheap (under $300) and are issued to the South Korean armed forces so obviously they hold up. I think you do get what you pay for most of time but more money dosnt mean better quality all the time, jmo.

5 Likes

Im also a huge fan of eotech ,I prefer them to actual red dots. I just wish they had better battery life.

4 Likes

Primary arms seem to be decent too. I love eotech but are pricey

7 Likes

In my opinion the best bang for your buck!

6 Likes

I Iike the Eotech Vudu the best but dont have one yet, just got to use one for a bit. It can be had in the $900 range and has great glass. The Eotech reticle on 1x is awesome.

4 Likes

I saw coming out either end of September or October primary arms now has a 14 Power Scope with that reticle in it as well for a very affordable price. Last I checked it was not out to market yet

6 Likes

High value high quality products for sure!

7 Likes

Yes they are, they need to come out with an eotech clone though. I have thst same issue of recoil magazine too.

3 Likes

The Sig Romeo 5 is on Par with the Primary Arms micro dot, ive used both a bunch and cant tell the difference.

3 Likes

I know most of you know but I love the new cyclops 1x by primary arms as well! It also has an ACSS reticle!

6 Likes

The ACSS reticle is pretty simple/genius

4 Likes