Van Life

Not even sure how many I’ve owned but I do love my vans,drove this 74 home yesterday, 180 mile trip one way, nostalgic fun :sunglasses:

Before I got it I had in mind a 4x4 conversion, but its to small for me so I’ll move it out, fun though, 3 on a tree, lopey idle, throaty exhaust

8 Likes

I’m not close enough to retirement yet but how much would you sell something like that for?

6 Likes

Shag and all?:rofl:

8 Likes

Nice, i remember that carpet. never owned a van but almost bought one back in the 70’s. i need a truck now. too old to have a hippy van now. lol

6 Likes

No?

lol, I’ve been keeping an eye on these and hope to get 5k

but, we’ll see what comes along, it was part of another trade so I expect this to be traded off as well :man_shrugging:

Though I do take :visa: and crypto too, told my wife to expect a new arrival to the family soon, daddy needs new rifle :blush: , maybe one of those fancy LWRC 6.5’s :drooling_face:

4 Likes

hippy :rage:

don’t you see the deadhead sticker?

:rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

Crazy shag for sure

5 Likes

I’ve thought about converting my chevy 2500 12 pass to a 6 pass truck if we get a new van

Would like the 4wd option but sounds tricky

5 Likes

https://images.app.goo.gl/vja8HTGGXJjQ3cvG7

This one could do it but I have the non cargo passenger type, so windows are nice

5 Likes

These guys could do it. Ya gotta pay 'em in meth though…

Screenshot_20220101-120736_Gallery

6 Likes

You gonna put a bed in thee?

6 Likes

They used to be some nice custom vans around here. a few places was doing them. Don’t see them anymore. it’s more the jacked 4x4 now. that nobody takes off road

6 Likes

When we were young parents we (3or4 couples) used to get a sitter and cruise the ‘Drag’ partying and rocking out in a extended custom with a DD of course. Good times :partying_face:

6 Likes

They have a jeep club around here somewhere, i see them all the time cruising around. these things have everything in the world on them huge tires and lift kits, multiple light bars, farm jacks on the hoods and sides, custom paint jobs all kinds of suspension work. all of them have snorkles. these things have never and will never go off the pavement. they are spotless from top to bottom.

6 Likes

Coudda got a van, went with a Suburban instead. Four wheel drive vans are hard to find.

4 Likes

My daughter and son in law are into the jeep thing but they take thiers offroad . He swapped 3/4 ton running gear under the one he drives and they took it to Rubicon last summer. My daughter took her daily driver 4 door on the trip also and followed the whole way . They also have a 73 cj with a v8 Chevy swap that they take to Arkansas to some off the off road parks.

5 Likes

We were more Willys kind of folks. When I was a Teenager I was a real rebel. I had a ‘64’ Land Cruiser. Thing could climb a tree. Wish I still had it…

5 Likes

Where in Arkysaw, there’s one not far from me.

6 Likes

They have been to several . They try and hit a new area when they can.

6 Likes

I sold the 81 Vanagon but since it didn’t have AC Florida Summer trips were not super comfortable and while I like the AC certain times of year my wife needs the AC certain times of year. It also had some VW idiosyncrasies that meant out of her and me I would be the only one comfortable driving it. Something to camp in with a radiator,ac,and automatic will be in our driveway hopefully before retiring.

6 Likes