Video recommendations

I hope this is in the right place to get answers from the folks in the know LOL

Can any of you kind folks recommend a video creator that has posted a decent number of high quality gun repair/service/restoration type videos? I’m looking for most any and all, but at the present disassembly/reassembly videos, trigger job videos for different guns, how to’s for most common minor repairs/restoration jobs. Any suggestions would be great as it’s hard to determine who knows their stuff and who’s posting uneducated junk videos ( I am referring to YT videos here) unless you already have a certain level of knowledge that I frankly do not yet possess.

11 Likes

@Mosinvirus is one of the best.

12 Likes

@Mosinvirus has a broad selection of videos. MidwayUSA has a good variety of general repair/maintenance videos too.

If you’re seeking advice for a specific firearm model, I would suggest using a gun-specific forum. That way, you’re more likely to find to someone who already performed that specific repair/resto/etc.

13 Likes

Thor-kill was our OG but you might have to settle for @Mosinvirus now of days.

10 Likes

For questions there’s also @Giantspeed (but he’s an AK guy ,no idea if thats ok with you or not), @switchpod , @RogueGunnWorks , and a few others too. These guys dont do too many videos on account of thier old age though.

12 Likes

@TheRogueBanshee tears some stuff apart :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

11 Likes

I love taking me some stuff apart and filming it :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Thanks guys,

@WilliamK you should check out C&Rsenal on YouTube. My videos are limited to what I own(ed).

It all kind of depends on what you are looking for to repair/take apart.

14 Likes

Yeah, actually you are spot on. Hard to video when you are one person and really didnt grow up with the technology at all. Guns? Grew up with them… hhahahhaaa

11 Likes

Part of the problem is what I do. I do not film my Cerakote work and most things I have to fix are either a bit complicated for a “short video” or… I just do not think about it.
I do take photos and post them.
Hhahahaa

11 Likes

[quote=“Joe-Bob, post:4, topic:14813”]

Thor-kill was our OG but you might have to settle for now of days.

[/quote] Lol ! If you need a polishing job.
8 Likes

Just bring your knob and gold coin.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

:fearful: hope you’re talkin about firearms… Full 30 don’t need a Ron Jeremy wanna be!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

10 Likes

You should see the spoof video that I created for my day job today. It’s about cyber security while working from home. Yea I was in my bathrobe. Everyone needed a comic break. BTW YT instantly demonetized it the second it went live… no I am not flagged am I.

9 Likes

umm :roll_eyes:

I didn’t see the spoof part, seemed legit to me

6 Likes

@WilliamK

Do you have specific question about something ?

8 Likes

Thank you all for all of the replies and recommendations! to answer a few, no, I don’t at present have any specific questions. I am starting to collect mil surps and am generally starting with WWII era rifles. I want to be able to disassemble and clean them as well as perhaps do general maintenance and minor repair as I go. Of course, reassembling them afterwards wouldn’t be bad either. This in addition to maintaining my modern rifles and pistols. I guess my main focus is in disassembling various WWII era rifles to maintain them in accordance with the methods used and espoused by Mark Novak (for those that know his work). Converting rust and other work needed to preserve these historical items is my main interest.

I love C&Rsenal and support them on Patreon, but alas it will be a while before he gets to WWII era guns (except those that were used in both wars of course). Also love Forgotten Weapons, Paul Harrell and a few others and I support those that I can on a limited disability income.

I have nothing against AK folks, but those are out of my current collecting range as I am focusing on WWII for now.

Did I cover everything? Oh, I don’t need to see any Ron Jeremy style performers either. :nauseated_face: I’ll stick with thoughts of Lynda Carter. :heart_eyes: She’ll always be Wonder Woman IMO Glad to answer any other questions that might help.

7 Likes

I think your best bet would be go to YouTube and search for the thing you want to know.

7 Likes

Here are some of my playlists.

Disassembly/reassembly

Winchester 1895 restoration

Ishapore 2a1 restoration

Colt 1917 restoration

Hit the 3 horizontal lines with a play symbol icon to see other videos in the playlist.
Here is the icon I am talking about. At least that is what I see on mobile version.

12 Likes