Video recommendations

Love you brotha @Mosinvirus

9 Likes

Very nice.

7 Likes

When I have very specific questions thatā€™s exactly what I have done and youā€™re right, that is the best bet under those circumstances. Even then however I am sometimes faced with not knowing who is giving good advice and who is just full of it. Right now I donā€™t really have so much specific things I am looking for but really more just basic background information and to learn enough to help sort out the good advice and good videos from the junk.

7 Likes

Thank you much! Just subscribed and looking forward to some binge watching in my near future!

8 Likes

Anyone else seeing an advert featuring these items?
advert

Ever notice how much the 50 BMG target looks like a toilet seat?
POW! Pingā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ splash down.

9 Likes

Get your mind out of the toilet!!! :rofl:

8 Likes

Yes, youā€™ll have to watch a bunch of stuff to get a sense for who seems like they know their stuff and who had spare time and a video camera.

Iā€™m mostly a pistol guy, and 1911s, at that. So @Mosinvirus videos have been the foundation of my learning. For reviews and disassembly examples, MrGunsNGear (YouTube and here) seems legit. Earnest Langdon (LTT) is The Man for Beretta. Bill Wilson 1911 videos are solid.

9 Likes

Thanks! No doubt those will come in handy.

8 Likes

Be careful you donā€™t catch that @Mosinvirus itā€™s a wonderful adventure but is expensive lmao

8 Likes

Sounds like he has been infected a while ago.

7 Likes

LOL I bet it is! I have a touch of Mauser fever and itā€™s not cheap!

6 Likes

Thereā€™s so much variety of guns these days, thereā€™s not likely to be any single source of information.
You might want to confine your searching to specific models.
What ever you do, please donā€™t contribute to the number of dangerous hack jobs already out there.
It can take a long time to be be an accomplished gun smith.
Just a thought.

7 Likes

Youā€™re right g. I know it will take several sources to start learning what Iā€™m after and quite some time too. With this boards help I have already found several trustworthy sources of information and the more I learn the better judge of other sources I will become and from there be able to source more information for myself. As far as damaging the guns in any way, that is the farthest thing from my mind. At this point, for most anything other than basic post range cleaning, my guns go to a gunsmith. Itā€™s my intention to slowly start doing more advanced cleaning and conservation work myself. Itā€™s my intention to serve as a steward and conservator for these pieces of history. That said, your warning and advice is certainly appreciated and appropriate for me and others in a similar position that might read this thread.

And as an aside, these videos will not be my sole source of information. I have picked up a couple of books already and will be adding more as time goes on. The videos are intended to be a supplement to the written information.

7 Likes