Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and ASKS customers not to OPEN carry guns into stores

Interesting that Walmart ASKED not to Open Carry but Concealed is permitted.

Ok Walmart
I will go out of my way NOT to patron your store.

Pick a Side and Stand Walmart.
With Us or Against Us!! Or STFU

9 Likes

They chose.

7 Likes

From their reply to my customer feedback complaint:

• We will discontinue and sell existing inventory of certain short-barrel rifle ammunition, such as the .223 caliber and 5.56mm that, while commonly used in some hunting rifles, can also be used in large capacity magazines on military-style weapons.

Yep, they chose. Not only is their CEO calling for Congress to “do their part” for gun control, they have adopted the anti-gun talking points in their policy statement.

.223Rem, which is most efficient in barrels of 20 inches or more, is “short-barrel rifle ammunition”???

5 Likes

I think Walmart thinks they have enough money and customer base to survive in any way. They won’t be as transparent as Dick’s, so it may take some time to cultivate informants aware of WM nefarious strategy. They have made their corporate decision to stand against Firearm Owners. And also to “Suggest” and “Ask” Carry Permit holders to refrain from the Carry Permits ability to carry in public. They have lost any of my trade with WalMart, hope Sam Walton rolls in his grave.

6 Likes

Also consider that everyone who shops at the devil’s house is also supporting Chinese shit dealing companies… Try and support American products instead!

6 Likes

I am against their policy without a doubt and do not patron them for years.
Never have I purchased anything Firearm related from them and find what they did have as overpriced.
I find it funny they are trying to play both sides of the coin.
IMO it would be better business to just STFU and stay out of the debate.

6 Likes

If they don’t want people to legally carry in their stores, perhaps they need to change their name to Target.

7 Likes

^ This.

^ And this.

^ And really this.

8 Likes

Kroger has joined in as well now with the same stance.
Smith’s is a Kroger affiliate store as well.
I will wait and see what happens with them.

Kents and Winegars (not ammo though) on the other hand sells ammo and also provides facility space for Concealed Carry classes.
Winco I have seen both Open and Concealed carry with no issues.
I don’t think many stores even have a policy.

5 Likes

Are there two threads on this same topic?

5 Likes

Not really.
They are interwoven.

4 Likes

is this really a surprise? a guy walks into walmart less than a week after a shooting AT WALMART, geared for war, and frightened the hell out of everyone in the store. the sheep dont care about your rights. they will eagerly vote them away. many other stores now jumping on the “no open carry” bandwagon. we have to stop looking like fools in the eyes of the public.

6 Likes

Now CVS and Walgreens are jumping on the wagon.

6 Likes

Now that unfortunately hurts because we do not have any other options near us for pharmacies. It is literally; walmart, cvs and walgreens.

4 Likes

I use an independent myself.
Customer service and the pharmacist get to know you and your issues.
But I do have a lot of choices.

6 Likes

Our local Walmart has plenty of pistol ammo.
And quite few shotguns and rifles for sale.
But only pumps bolt action and lever action.
Nothing “scary” looking.
Didn’t notice the rifle ammo, though.

3 Likes

We launched a special coupon just for former Walmart shoppers - $20 off your first $200+ order w/us: Welcome (former) Walmart Shoppers

(At the risk of soliciting/pandering, felt like that was worth sharing b/c our two tweets on this topic have been our most popular ever: https://twitter.com/ammodotcom/status/1169289939374268417 + https://twitter.com/ammodotcom/status/1169710875965579265)

Basically the idea is that because Sam Walton’s billionaire heirs have decided their too good for law-abiding American’s 2A business, we put together a special coupon code for all those (former) Walmart shoppers. :slight_smile:

Enjoy and feel free to share. Sad to see Walmart start virtue signaling like so many other U.S. retailers: Government Won't Save Us From "Woke" Corporations | Mises Wire

5 Likes

Stores, actors & singers need to STFU & stay out of politics! When I go see a movie or concert I went for the entertainment not to hear them speak out of their uneducated asses! Corporate America & the Hollywood assclowns need to stay in their own lane…

7 Likes

Yup…

https://forum.full30.com/t/bye-bye-walmart/12442/28?u=spook

And yup…

https://forum.full30.com/t/bye-bye-walmart/12442

2 Likes

And how many small local retailers around Walmart will bump up prices because Walmart quit selling certain ammo ? I find the best prices online and rarely buy local anyway because the prices are so high. We have a local Dunham’s and there ammo prices are laughable, for instance Walmart was selling Tula 7.62x39 40 round boxes for $9.88 at Dunham’s it is $15, I can order 20 round boxes online for $4 a box and usually order 40 boxes along with other ammo and get free shipping. Walmart not selling certain ammo does not bother me as far a s buying ammo goes, but it is pretty coward of them to do it…there are certain people who will actually shop more at Walmart because they quit selling certain ammo…thinking they have accomplished something against gun owners.

3 Likes