Walmart ends all handgun ammunition sales and ASKS customers not to OPEN carry guns into stores

I’ve seen prices at Academy that don’t seem bad, and a local store about 10 minutes from my home has prices a little better than academy, plus they put cases of the more popular calibers out near the front so they are easy to find. I haven’t checked their gun prices, but mag prices seem a little higher than what I usually see online. They probably manage to keep the ammo prices down by moving a fair amount of volume, as they have an indoor range.

3 Likes

I’ve been watching the guns and ammo section at walmart shrink over the years. They never did seem to be interested in selling any of it. Always a locked cabinet with no one around to open it. Seems like a good excuse now for walmart to completely shut it down. I load my own anyway. Walmart ammo has always been crap.

5 Likes

Albertsons has also joined the crowd.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/albertsons-joins-supermarkets-changed-gun-policy

I have sent to my local stores feedback as follows:
I have not Albertsons because we no longer have any here.

??? stand on Open Carry within stores was very poorly worded and direction given your staff was also poor. As VISA CEO stated “We are in the business of facilitating legal commerce. That’s what we do. Our job is not to set or interpret, but to follow the law. If we start to get in the mode of being legislators it’s a very slippery slope…”
??? should revise it’s policy and sell products including handguns and ammo regardless of i’ll informed public rhetoric currently be bantered by one side of the issue. I will also suggest you policy on Open Carry be revised to state “Open Carry is not restricted where allowed by State Statute. But ??? asks that those who choose to Open Carry in our businesses do so responsibly and with forethought of public reaction and possible response.”

Modification is needed depending on who you are contacting of course.

4 Likes

I went to academy yesterday and bought two 100 round boxes of shotgun shells it cost me 50 cents more than at Wal mart. I also bought a set of tires for my truck for $675 at a local tire shop and bought food at a local market today. That is about $1000 that wal Mart won’t see . If I can get what I need elsewhere I will but they have driven so many others out of business it might be impossible on some stuff.

6 Likes

Time to find our towns independent little pharmacies, and bakeries, meat markets, and food markets.
I’m just now discovering what small businesses my town and the town over have that I have driven by numerous times and never paid attention to.

This morning I had a conversation with my sister about stores like this, giving her a rundown on incidents that have happened in some of the places she likes to shop. She’s pretty discouraged about all that his been going on. She likes to shop and doesn’t boycott anything, but she was upset by what I was telling her. She asked if there’s any place left to shop.

We have to drive next town over now to grocerty shop as all we have are Walmart and kroger, so hopefully Meijers doens’t follow this path or I am out of stores.

5 Likes

Found this on another site. Wish we had his personal email.

In case you would like to send an email to the President and CEO of Walmart, here is his email address: doug.mcmillon@wal-mart.com. I just did, and I will be sending more

4 Likes

I also bought some stuff for last weeks hunt from other places I would have normally bought from Walmart as well. Bought my archery target and some Camouflage from Big 5, bought ammo for shotguns at a local business, bought my camping food from a local grocery store.

Didn’t step in Walmart once after the news broke. However I agree that some things may be hard to buy elsewhere. I just haven’t found what yet but I’m sure I may run into something being I live in a very small area

5 Likes

Is that a typo? Shouldn’t it be Dick, instead of Doug?

4 Likes

Well, I’m not sure, but if you write to him, I’m sure you can give him what ever name you want.

5 Likes

Again yet another joins the parade of fools.

3 Likes

I was just fixing to post this. Meijer its the store I just switched to because of Kroger.

well, shit. I have one store left. Its a further drive than Meijers and more expensive, but here I come Beaslers.

4 Likes

I pay absolutely no mind to any signs I see! At the end of the day I and I alone am responsible for my own safety and my loved ones. Let the chips fall where they may should I ever need to exercise my right to live…

7 Likes

I guess that email yesterday does get to someone at walmart. Here’s the response:

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts on our recent policy changes. We have a proud heritage of serving hunters, and we will still carry a range of firearms and ammunition for their needs.

We lost 24 lives within a week in our stores from gun violence. While we are realistic in knowing these changes may not stop the next mass shooting, we decided to no longer sell the ammunition that can be used in large capacity clips on military-style weapons, which we do not sell. We will focus our assortment of ammunition on the firearms we do carry.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Walmart Executive Communications

4 Likes

This confirms a far left infiltration in the company. Fuck them.

6 Likes

And what does that have to do with all handgun ammo?

7 Likes

I think that’s a tack-on just to further show their woke-ness.

7 Likes

^This

Carrying in these places is not illegal. They can ask that you not open carry and they can post “no guns” signs all they want. I don’t open carry anyway so that doesn’t concern me. If they have a no gun sign out side, fuck em. If they figure out I’m carrying they can ask me to leave and trespass me if they want. But signs or “asks” don’t carry the weight of law.
I’ll shop elsewhere if I can but if I need something and there’s only a Walmart, Walgreens, or Albertsons ( or whoever else joins this feel good BS) I’m going in. Same with movie theaters.
If there’s no search or metal detectors screw em.

6 Likes

IT DOESNT!

7 Likes

I just wrote to Beaslers asking them what their stance is and if they were going to jump on this anti-gunner band wagon. I’ll know if I have a place to shop soon I hope.

4 Likes

It is funny how the misguided corporations fall into this lock step bull crap.
Yet yesterday I was at a local grocery Winegars and right on the checkout stand was a flyer offering Concealed Carry courses coming up at the store.
Another local store Kents sells ammo in the store, and carries the hunting brochures from the state all the time and has said nothing about guns whatsoever.
I wrote the chains here that have jumped on the wagon the note I posted before and have had no response whatsoever other than an automated we received your note response.
If these retailers were smart they would just STFU and ride it out.
They should realize that States makes Laws and not them.
Supposedly these states lawmakers are representative of the people in that state.
And they follow the public’s views on the issues.
To play devils advocate here however, most of these stores have ASKED for people not to OPEN carry.
Not forbidden it. (Whether that was the intent or not)
And all have in no way curtailed the concealed carry at all.
That idiot with the AR, body armor, and camera recording that walked into a Walmart did more damage than good.
C-Mon have a little sense.
If I saw him I would be inclined to keep an eye on him.
Even if he walked into the local gun shop like that.
If he walked in with an AR in a tee shirt and flip flops I would think he was headed for the sporting goods section and needed the rifle to check something.
Right or Wrong perception is the key here.
Want to prove a point and make a statement then dress up and walk into the local Cop Shop or something.

These fools need to STOP hurting the Cause and start HELPING the cause.

6 Likes