Warning! Your Food Supply Will Soon Be Controlled.

9 Likes

That’s been happening in farming for many years, I have seen the gooberment pay farmers here not to harvest the crops to keep prices up. so they just rot in the fields.

8 Likes

Wow, so Bayer now owns the evil Monsanto

and only 5 seed company’s with China being one of them, yeah, time to buy more seeds,

good video Russ

8 Likes

The tree farm I used to go shoot on was farm land when I first started going on it, used to catch some nice bass outta the pond. anyway we used to hunt in one of the fields and the one before it a guy was leasing the land to farm. he had watermelons planted.

They were huge, he got paid to let em lay and rot. he told us to get all we wanted just don’t sell them. man in early October at muzzel loading season at lunch we would gorge ourselves on them. they were cold from the night air. I bet some of them weighed 50 pounds.

I gave watermelons to everyone I knew and some I didn’t. there was hundreds of them. 62 acres of them. several thousand dollars worth just rotted, well most of them. we ate them till we got sick. they were really good. all you can find now is these little piss ant melons. they ain’t worth a crap.

7 Likes

I’ve always loved huge mellons!

9 Likes

yes but did you ever

??

6 Likes

Oh, you’re referring to food
my bad

8 Likes

Who is Hugh Mellon?

6 Likes

Make up yer mind if the big busted lady is ok to post.

7 Likes

But I did see what ya did there.

7 Likes

Where are we at now? Current meat shortage, double-triple in price, what’s coming this fall? Cotex19 scam, election year

7 Likes

Bologna-virus scamdemic, birther claims, “Joe and the Ho” T-shirts, and Nancy getting ready to show us some more of that sweet Pelosi. Nothing to see here in the sideshow carny tents. Carry on. Buy yourself a corn dog.

7 Likes

I’ve heard that some areas have been seeing a beer shortage (fewer brands available), due to reduced availability of aluminum cans (supply issue somewhere in the system).

7 Likes

I have heard that as well, not good.

7 Likes

Industries adopted the ‘just in time’ supply chain system, to trim fat and improve profits, but the ‘just in time’ supply philosophy is weak in dealing with disruptions in supply or sudden surges in demand. To further aggravate the problem, many companies shifted at least part of their production to China (having products made there, components made there, or raw materials processed there), lengthening the supply chain and making it more vulnerable to disruptions.

When a company experiences a disruption in supply, they don’t have a reserve supply in place (since that would be a waste of resources, under the ‘just in time’ supply philosophy), and are faced with simply doing without that item until the supply is restored, or finding an alternate source. Finding an alternate source puts them in competition with other companies that also need that supply, further straining the supply problem.

And that’s before we consider the demand side of the equation

When people panicked over toilet paper, there was video of people fighting over toilet paper in stores, and video of people leaving stores with carts piled high with nothing but toilet paper. There is a fair sized segment of the population that has no clue about how to deal with supply disruptions, other than to run to the store and buy as much as they can of the item that is suddenly in short supply. This rapidly depletes what supply is left, and creates some mental anxiety over what else could be in short supply, leading to panic buying of other items. This does nothing to help the problems with the supply disruptions, and throws industries into some level of chaos, as their ‘just in time’ supply schedule was based on market demand levels that no longer apply.

The current supply mess started when China quarantined Wuhan and shut down their factories in the region. Just dealing with supply being cut off for a while, then being restarted at a later date would be bad enough, but the Chinese government stepped in and nationalized some of those factories for a while, redirecting their production to satisfy their own needs (extending the time that the supply was cut off). Mix in the chaos that companies have been trying to manage for months on this side of the ocean, and way too many planning decisions become a “best guess” at what is needed.

Companies should have been looking at shifting back to sourcing as much of their supply as possible in the US, but the hassles of dealing with government regulation and labor unions, when compared to importing from other countries, was just too much of a lure for many of them. India was viewed as the next best option (after China) for some products, but then India started having problems. China is also now dealing with their flood season, and seeing worse flooding than they have in many years, shutting down or damaging much of their manufacturing and shipping capability.

It has been a rough year, and it isn’t over, yet.

6 Likes

See, if they’d of simply accepted the problem of no TP, stopped worrying about it, they’d of had an automatic 6’ or better space between themselves and others :grin:

6 Likes

those melons also have a higher IQ

7 Likes

went to WM today and they have been remodeling the store for a month or so, they put up a bunch of self serve check outs, they all have a camera system that shows your face on the screen while checking out
I asked the guy who was overseeing the registers why the cameras ? he said they were new, I said I don’t care, why do I need to be filmed checking out ? he just shrugged, then I bought 2 small cans of acetone to wipe down my metal gate/enclosure I have been building after sanding and before painting, the register went off and said I was buying more than allowed, same guy came over and I asked him what the problem was, he said you can only buy one can at a time, I said I’m no F’ing drug lab clown or dealer and that they have gallon containers which I could have bought instead of 2 quart containers so what’s the f’ing difference, he said I understand, but I can’t do anything about it
WTF, I can buy a gallon, but not 2 quart cans ? lunacy

8 Likes

all the while this was happening I forgot that I had a package of TP and paper towels on bottom tray of cart, after conversation and being pissed I did not realize I did not pay for the TP and paper towels till I got to my truck, F them I got some free stuff for filming me
did not wear a f’ing mask either, they did have plenty of about everything, meat coolers were full and plenty of TP
MF’ing walmart

7 Likes

This is going in the file. :file_cabinet:

8 Likes