Weatherby.....so done....

After over 7 months I still do not have my rifle back…I am done with Weatherby…I bought a First Lite 6.5x300 rifle and it shot no better than 3 MOA…dealer shipped it back and I have received nothing but the runaround from weatherby…have been told rifle was at the range for testing for 3 months, maybe the range is in Russia ? I have been patient, but my patience is gone…if it comes back and meets accuracy guarantee ? I will be selling or trading it off…no more Weatherby’s of any kind for me…

7 Likes

That sucks! I wonder what the hell the hold up is…

6 Likes

I sent them another, one of many emails again today and asked them the same question…

5 Likes

I always throw the shit fit and ask for the higher-ups in command. I’ve never been able to get anywhere dealing with the first idiot that answers the phone. There’s a good chance they’re having some quality control issues that’s why they are not giving you a straight answer or a fast return would be my guess. I hope all works out well for you and you get it back quick in great working order.

4 Likes

I hear you brother.
I will never ever ever ever ever buy another product from ISSC for the same reason.
I’ll spare you the long version and cut to the chase.
A year and a half of dealing with a warranty claim.
Innumerable phone calls, emails etc. Always being bounced around or told to call back in two weeks, or a month etc.

My pistol ended up being sold to someone else. Yes, sold to someone else.

ISSC finally sent me another one after I proved to them that I actually purchased my pistol and actually sent it in to them. Thankfully I had kept ALL my records or I would have been totally screwed!
Never again!
Worst warranty service EVER!

3 Likes

Wow, just wow.

3 Likes

Freaking crazy!

3 Likes

the Gods of Rugerforum.net kicked me off when I had issues with Ruger products and the, Ruger has the best warranty in the business, bar none…I had a Ruger SR45 pistol that broke on the 3 rd shot…mag release feel out and locked mag in pistol, sent it back and Ruger said it was fixed and fired 50 rounds malfunction free…took to the range and it broke again on first magazine, slide would not lock back, had 2 other people shoot it and same thing…sent it back…got it back again with a long list of what they replaced and they again said they fired 50 malfunction free rounds through it…took to range and slide still would not lock back on last round fired…even with new magazine and the 2 I already had…sold that POS…the Rugerforum.net guys attacked me for telling other people about it…I told them a Good warranty is one you never have to use due to the quality of the product and ruger builds a lot of junk…other people who posted of all the issues they had with ruger products were literally attack by other forum members saying they were just making stuff up since ruger builds nothing but the best…I will never own another ruger semiauto pistol and now Weatherby has lost me also…my rant…

6 Likes

Yeah, I have seen some of these brand-specific gun forums mimic a gated community. Where your doors have to be the right color, mailboxes only allowed to be one color excetera excetera. Never ever talk anything but praise or they will throw your ass out.

5 Likes

Dude, I’m really sorry to hear that. I remember you telling us the first time that you had ordered that rifle.
I hope it gets back to you quickly and accurate too.

1 Like

it has been a long running issue for sure…….

1 Like

lo and behold after my last email saying I would contact BBB and my state CPA my rifle is back at dealer…according to dealer Weatherby ppwk that came back says rifle meets accuracy guarantee with the 140 Swift AFrame factory ammo, which is the worst long range ammo made for the caliber…Weatherby ( supposedly ) did not have any of the factory 140 Berger VLD ammo to test ??? which is the best long range bullet for the caliber…the 127 LRX’s did not meet accuracy guarantee which is the second best bullet offered in factory ammo…If true I have a 6.5x300 caliber rifle that fails at what it was meant for…I was not planning on reloading for this caliber due to barrel life…we will see come next range trip…hopefully it shoots good enough so that someone will buy it…

2 Likes

I have a Eagle arms ar 15 made buy Armalite. After the first two magazines it started acting like it had a binary trigger it would fire when you pulled the trigger and when you released it but would not reset when you put on the safety. I sent it back and they replaced the trigger and had it back to me in one week . Now ups was a royal pain in the ass but the gun is perfect now.

1 Like

Weatherby has now become a, Never buy another one product for me…installed rail and scope and went to range, seeing how scope was already zeroed before sending rifle back I figured it would be on paper and it was…elevation was good and it shoot about 3 inches right, left it the way it was and shot some groups to see what would happen. ( Rifle bore was black so I cleaned it before shooting ) shame Weatherby sent it back that way…and with the 3 types of factory ammo I had, 127 LRX, 140 Berger and 140 Soft Points it shot just as bad as it did when I sent it to them, 2.5-3 MOA…and I was not surprised. I am going to order a box of the 140 Swift Sirocco factory loads and see what happens…the computer generated test group sheets show that it is the only round that met accuracy guarantee which I said earlier is the lowest BC round which in turn kinda defeats the long range use I wanted rifle for…if it does shoot the 140’s at MOA or better I will sale or trade it and move on…the cost to rebarrel it to a more accurate barrel or a different caliber is not worth it to me…

2 Likes

ok…let me correct myself…the 140 A-Frame not the 130 Scirocco is the round that passed the accuracy test…

2 Likes

After doing some surfing online I called Hendershot’s because they had some good info on the 6.5x300 and load custom ammo for it, and I am not crazy or a bad shooter, a man named Lance said he has had more calls than he can count from people with the same bad accuracy with the caliber, they load a bunch of different bullets for the caliber and I bought a mixed box of ammo…10 rounds of Hornady 147 ELDM and 10 rounds of 140 Accubond, he said the Accubonds have worked well for a lot of the people he has sold them too…shooting MOA or better…he said the 147’s have also worked well…according to him he has not found any of the Weatherby factory ammo to shoot well which I already knew…can’t wait to try them…he also said if his loads did not work for me he would refund me part of the price and discount the next suggested loads from him…

2 Likes

Worth a shot! Otherwise make weatherby’s life a living hell by complaining, calling, emailing and insisting they pay shipping back and forth to keep sending the gun back. See if you can’t force a full refund from Weatherby. Although I can see your disgust and rightfully so to just want to be done with a gun and the company

3 Likes

If I can actually find an accurate load then selling or trading the rifle will be way easier without taking a big loss…

3 Likes

I can now give a big shout out to Hendershot Sporting Goods, after talking to Lance and the issues with my rifle’s accuracy he loaded me some of his ammo and now the rifle shoots…he loaded me 10 140 Accubonds, which he said has performed well in the 6.5x300 for a lot of his clients and 10 143 ELD X which he also said has performed well…the Accubonds in my rifle did not shoot well 2 1/2 group at 100, the 143’s shoot a .8 inch group…I was elated to say the least. I talked to Lance and he was surprised the Accubonds did so poorly, but every rifle is different. I am going to shoot again tomorrow and see if the 143’s hold the same, if so I have found a good load…

4 Likes

for anyone who is looking for high grade ammo go check out Hendershot’s…….

4 Likes