Welcome New Members!

ahhh, I do miss that meme :yep:

2 Likes

My question is why is a Greek making that horrible salute to a dead guy anyway? What I want to kkow is what was his reasoning or did he realize what it was ? I am sure he had to have know I think🤔 .?

3 Likes

You realize the swastika was once a peace sign, and that salute, perhaps its something done when emphatically charged, a response to a feeling, difficult to comprehend if you’ve never felt it, or done it.

Seems though, more side with your take on it

This gesture used to baffle me:

But… I found its a reflex

:rofl: :yep: :hugs:

3 Likes

It is possibility being caught up in with a crowd a moment ? It isn’t a good gesture for sure.

3 Likes

But again…why is a Greek making that Gesture ?

3 Likes

made the gesture to celebrate his winning goal

He was feeling power, I feel for Him, poor guy, caught in the moment, offended the world,

from exuberance to defeat, same instant, sad.

5 Likes

I feel like we really need to figure out what his opinions about Nazis are first, whether he had Nazi friends, Nazi social media posts, etc. The Nazis appropriated lots of symbols, and different cultures might assign different meanings.

A similar problem could happen with thumbs-up. In some countries, such as Iraq and Russia, (especially before the rise of emojis and Facebook), the thumbs-up had a similar meaning to the middle finger, though perhaps stronger.

That said, most older Jews would have a much stronger reaction than mine.

5 Likes

Good share, I bought one of these support shirts

explained here

And have not yet had anyone ask, but there has to be questions :grin:

5 Likes

That explosion peeled the hair right off his head! :laughing:

5 Likes