Welcome to the light side

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/after-shooting-chicago-democrat-advocates-residents-get-guns-and-carry-permits/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

10 Likes

Its been my belief that anti-gunners who have never been in a situation where they needed a gun, can not truly appreciate the importance of having one. Goes to show that yes, putting someone IN THAT SITUATION can change their mind, or realize that maybe they need to back off their stance.

This is why I believe that giving anti gunners statistics and crime reports and shoving 2A in their face will not work. Until they FEEL what its like in that moment where THIER life is in danger, they won’t understand.

I wrote something recently where I tried to make the reader feel what it was like being in that life threatening situation. I wanted to put the reader in the shoes of the potential victim, what they felt, how their body reacted, their fear for the child, the feeling of helplessness. I was told by someone who read it that I can not take someone who does not like guns and make them into someone like me. My question is, why not??? Expression in writing, where a reader feels exactly what the character feels is a powerful tool that can be used to spark change in a persons thinking. Isn’t that where we should start? Or do we continue to do whats been done for decades and has failed? Posting stats, figures, charts, and hammering the same old words over and over again hasn’t worked.

10 Likes

I agree, and that may well help some people. So I think you should continue doing that - I’d like to read it myself. But reading and experiencing are two very different things. Especially when you have a certain bias. You tend to read things like that with a bit of skepticism. Just as most of us would if it were a liberal issue.

I think some of the folks here are doing good things by telling stories about how good guys used guns to either deter or defend against attacks. But it might hit home a little more if there was also stories where people were victims and the police don’t show until well after the fact. Where if they had a way to defend themselves, things would have been different. But even those are really only good for people that want to listen. Unfortunately we can’t make people listen.

6 Likes

I agree. So many anti-gunners claim that police are only 5 minutes away. I have a family member who always defaults to that argument. I’m sure that LEO’s have plenty of after-the-fact stories.

6 Likes

I don’t know what the response time is in the city, nor in town, but for people in the country, times take longer. It took 30 minutes for the fireman to show up after I called. He finally showed up in a damn jeep wrangler. By himself. No water.

It didn’t matter anyway because I spent 30 minutes running my ass off back and forth with buckets of water.

The fire station was 2 miles down the road.
And people in the country rely on the Sheriff, not city police. Sometimes there’s just one or two running around for the whole county.

3 Likes

We had a friend fall and bust his head open out here on the farm. Took the emt’s 35 min to arrive. By then we had the bleeding stopped and dressings applied. He still needed stiches on his face so off to the hospital he went. You are your own first responder out here.

4 Likes

My uncle was a cop for awhile he told people to buy guns all the time , ive hesrd him tell people bullets have a faster response time than cops.

5 Likes

You know maybe you’re right. Maybe that’s the way to do it.

I just got to help a guy start up his process to go through the state red tape to get a gun, I recommended him the savage shotgun. He was sold.

But prior to this he didn’t believe in guns. He told me that he didn’t used to believe in guns, but he had a home invasion and he was afraid and he changed his perspective because of it. His wife wasn’t happy but he came in to the store to get the process moving.

By the way when are they ever going to open up our channels, or some people getting their channels opened up or are we all still at square zero? Or are only the people deemed to be “good enough“ allowed to be starting new channels now.

4 Likes

Its expensive to run channels, youtube and the like have millions/billions of dollars in advertising. This site has very little funding by comparison.

7 Likes

Insanely.

6 Likes

If website revenue comes from videos being viewed, then you need content and the more channels there are the more views there will be. Capitalism requires risk. If you want to overtake YouTube, you have to actually let people “do YouTube” here instead of there.

3 Likes

I really don’t think that’s the intended purpose of FULL30.

5 Likes

Care to invest in FULL30?

5 Likes