well hello

I am a new user and live in Washington state. I am interested in 1911 Builds. I started watching @mosinvirus videos which gave me initial inspiration to do some upgrading of my fathers Colt government model that he gave me. I took a 6lb factory trigger and got it down to 3.25lbs which I’m pretty happy with. I added a beavertail grip safety and an extended thumb safety and extended magazine release. I am currently working on my 1st full build a commander in all stainless with a scheumann ultimatch barrel in 45 acp with a reverse plug. I bought Caspian frame race ready recon and Caspian slide. I am using mostly Wilson combat small parts for much of the build. I will post some pics once I can get them transferred to the computer. I am looking forward to the build and hope to do a 10mm next or a double stack . Thanks to all. I am sure I will need lots of advice.

18 Likes

Welcome

6 Likes

Island barrel?

4 Likes

www.schuemann.com/Default.aspx

awesome barrels. The ultimatch is their basic bull barrel. They have some very nice ported barrels. @mosinvirus his build 8 used one and was quite cool. Would be nice to hear how much it tamed the recoil.

7 Likes

Sounds like a adventitious build for a first time builder
Exspensive parts
My small advice is make sure your tooling is place before you start it’s very important
More important than having parts in my opinion
If you have questions feel free to ask
Look at some of the 1911 build threads
They have lots of info in them

6 Likes

Agreed. I am very meticulous by nature. I have probably purchased more tools than necessary but prefer to have more than I need and do the job right. Have ready both of Kuhnhausen’s vol I and II on the Colt 45 automatic and have watched most of @Mosinvirus videos. Ive already done trigger job, beavertail fitting, new thumb safety fitting, hammer and sear work before. The barrel fitting is what I believe will probably be the biggest challenge and look forward to it. I appreciate the advice and I am sure will have lots of questions as I go.

7 Likes

Welcome @pc1911 Your build sounds great, I’m sure you’ll love it!!!

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

8 Likes

Welcome again, and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask. Visit our gunsmithing section and post progress updates if you don’t mind. We all love to see the creation process.

6 Likes

Welcome to Full30, glad to have you here and hope to see your finished product. Sounds awesome!

5 Likes

Welcome to Full30 forum @pc1911 Good to have you here.

If you’re a content creator on Full30, join
If you’re a podcast or wish to have a podcast, please contact me about linking up

Be sure to check out the list of content creators and give them a subscribe.

6 Likes

Welcome from Ky

6 Likes

Welcome from Bama

5 Likes

Welcome from Florida!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

6 Likes

Welcome from Ohio.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you here.

6 Likes

Greetings @pc1911 I lived near Olympia for a number of years, but I now live back home in Michigan. Welcome to the forum!

7 Likes

Hey thank you so much :slight_smile:

PC

4 Likes

Welcome and enjoy!

7 Likes